Interesting Article in WSJ on X

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yeah, they do have a fleet. If you contract use of the aircraft, have them painted in your corporate scheme, and pay the wet lease to have them fueled, maintained, and crewed, they are your fleet. Probably the fact that the planes are used exclusively to carry YOUR Amazon packages probably also support the fact that they are an Amazon aircraft fleet.

When they buy 100 or so 767s and 777s from Boeing someday, they'll add more aircraft to their fleet. They'll just own those FLEET aircraft as opposed to leasing those FLEET aircraft.

I would love to see Fredward crawl to DC or Seattle someday and grovel at the feet of Bezos, begging him to cash him out and create something usable out of the ashes of Express.

I don't bathe Fred. You do. I've also heard you change his Depends. True?

Now you're consumed with his urinary system. Sea kelp.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Since you want to get technical, if I'm renting a seat then Amazon is renting cargo space.

Still hung up on fleets I see. Fred used to lease all FedEx Express vehicles through a holding company. Were they part of the FedEx fleet?

Go down to the railyard and pick any random locomotive. Somewhere along the frame rail will be a plate stating the unit is leased from a holding company. Are the locomotives part of the Norfolk Southern fleet? I suspect they are, since otherwise, they'd have no locomotives at all according to your argument.

Amazon has a fleet of aircraft. Learn to deal with it.

Last edited:

floridays

Still hung up on fleets I see. Fred used to lease all FedEx Express vehicles through a holding company. Were they part of the FedEx fleet?

Go down to the railyard and pick any random locomotive. Somewhere along the frame rail will be a plate stating the unit is leased from a holding company. Are the locomotives part of the Norfolk Southern fleet? I suspect they are, since otherwise, they'd have no locomotives at all according to your argument.

Quit being a trick, ownership means nothing, the contract does.
All
bsbullf.gif
aside I'd wager Amazon could take over Fedex in less than a month.
Just an observation.

59 Dano

Still hung up on fleets I see.

It's a bigger deal to you than it is to me, so if one of us is hung up on it...

Fred used to lease all FedEx Express vehicles through a holding company. Were they part of the FedEx fleet?

Maybe.

That's a lot of work. No thanks!

A "fleet" that is owned by one party, maintained by another party, and flown by yet ANOTHER party. Sounds legit!

floridays

Oh, they're the same thing with the only difference being one of volume/quantity.
Actually not, once again.

Try a no show for the flight you "leased" a seat on, and then watch it's departure after your no show.

You are smarter than this, for a certain price Amazon can "lease" any aircraft owned by Fedex.
We send military charters frequently, not one piece of freight on it.

Don't think your new employer couldn't be Amazon.

Think Big.

Fedex started with Falcons, no product only a service.

59 Dano

Actually not, once again.

Try a no show for the flight you "leased" a seat on, and then watch it's departure after your no show.

Whoa, now. I never claimed to be the only person paying for space on the plane.

You are smarter than this, for a certain price Amazon can "lease" any aircraft owned by Fedex.
We send military charters frequently, not one piece of freight on it.

Don't think your new employer couldn't be Amazon.

Think Big.

Fedex started with Falcons, no product only a service.

C'mon, Amazon - the water's great! The fact that there are two companies who do this and several failed ones speaks volumes about the way this industry operates.

Amazon is leasing planes and crews from bottom of the barrel companies because it's cheap and they can exert a decent bit of control over them if/when they become a large enough customer. It also puts all of the risk on the backs of those other companies. Most importantly, it shows that they aren't quite committed to this yet because they can walk away from the leases.