Interviewing Monday, Tell me the hard truth.

SBTY_Syndrome

Center Managers Hate Me
Let me know if this sounds right.
In order to get the job:
  • Be willing to work as hard as possible (easy to say a lot harder to do).
  • Be mature enough to admit my mistakes (when I make one) and adapt so it doesn't happen again.
  • Be ready to take crap, as per usual when you're the new guy at any company.
If anyone can add to this that'd be great, since I'm sure it's a lot more complex.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Let me know if this sounds right.
In order to get the job:
  • Be willing to work as hard as possible (easy to say a lot harder to do).
  • Be mature enough to admit my mistakes (when I make one) and adapt so it doesn't happen again.
  • Be ready to take crap, as per usual when you're the new guy at any company.
If anyone can add to this that'd be great, since I'm sure it's a lot more complex.
As hard as possible...and then some
You can admit ur mistakes and be fired
Deal with unrealistic expectations daily.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Why is it that they can't find people to drive? Unqualified? Drug test? Driving seems like a god sent if you've been working loading for years. But that's just my outside opinion, I've yet to even step foot in a hub so I really am wondering why.
Mainly because you need to know how to drive a stick

km3

Why is it that they can't find people to drive? Unqualified? Drug test? Driving seems like a god sent if you've been working loading for years. But that's just my outside opinion, I've yet to even step foot in a hub so I really am wondering why.

Nobody wants to be forced to work 12-14 hour days, every day, all week long. Which is exactly what happens to all the new guys who aren't on the 9.5 list. Then there's the harassment from management. In the hub (except for preload) you can basically get away with murder...I've never seen someone fired who didn't get caught stealing or didn't have serious attendance issues.

In package, if you sneeze on the clock you'll get fired for stealing time and bam, no income for a few weeks until the union can straighten them out.

SBTY_Syndrome

Center Managers Hate Me
Nobody wants to be forced to work 12-14 hour days, every day, all week long.
Is there any point where you have seniority as a driver and no longer have to put in 12-14 hour days (with the exception of holiday season)? Or is that gonna be a drivers life until retirement.

km3

Is there any point where you have seniority as a driver and no longer have to put in 12-14 hour days (with the exception of holiday season)? Or is that gonna be a drivers life until retirement.

No. Your only relief will be to get on the 9.5 list. They'll try hard to prevent you from doing so, and harass you when your name is first added to the list.

But that might get you some relief. And I mean might, because some centers would rather swallow the penalty than reduce the dispatch.

km3

Also, I didn't see it mentioned so forgive me if I'm repeating this, but new drivers are being hired for a Tue-Sat schedule.