Interviewing Monday, Tell me the hard truth.

upschuck

Do you know the differences between FT Temp and Casual?
Don't have either terminology in my building, but this would be my guess

FT Temp: FT driver that is temporary for the summer seasonal period
Casual: FT permanent driver that doesn't have a route, and fills in when drivers are needed.

Since no one else has answered you, thought I'd give you my best guess. Best to ask the HR/O(n)R(oad)S(up) for the actual answer to your question, come road test day.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Don't have either terminology in my building, but this would be my guess

FT Temp: FT driver that is temporary for the summer seasonal period
Casual: FT permanent driver that doesn't have a route, and fills in when drivers are needed.

Since no one else has answered you, thought I'd give you my best guess. Best to ask the HR/O(n)R(oad)S(up) for the actual answer to your question, come road test day.
Or the guy who told him. Smh

Yeah, in actuality I'm your stereotypical gym :censored2:bag.
You look at most of the middle age package car drivers and they do not look like they go to the gym everyday or even once a month. The physical part of the job is not hard it is the mental part. Being told that this is the way we want you to do the job but their way just sets you up for failure. That may not make any sense to you but it does to anyone who has ever qualified. I told my son last year to just make the job yours and do whatever it takes to make all your air commits, all your business commits and all your pick up commits. Don't crash and don't get hurt. He made it and now he says the job is not as horrible as a lot of drivers say it is. He is still at starting rate of $18.75/hr with a whopping $.75/hr raise next month. Can't wait for him to hit top rate so I can start charging him rent.

SBTY_Syndrome

Center Managers Hate Me
Just do everyone knows. I'm 22 and have been a personal trainer for 3 years, while training for 6 years. My avatar does not represent who I am. It's just a funny meme. I do hope to one day pull off a sweater vest though.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

You look at most of the middle age package car drivers and they do not look like they go to the gym everyday or even once a month. The physical part of the job is not hard it is the mental part. Being told that this is the way we want you to do the job but their way just sets you up for failure. That may not make any sense to you but it does to anyone who has ever qualified. I told my son last year to just make the job yours and do whatever it takes to make all your air commits, all your business commits and all your pick up commits. Don't crash and don't get hurt. He made it and now he says the job is not as horrible as a lot of drivers say it is. He is still at starting rate of $18.75/hr with a whopping $.75/hr raise next month. Can't wait for him to hit top rate so I can start charging him rent.
Not physical? It wasn't in my 20s 30s 40s lol. I'll let my 3 hernias, herniated disc, and new shoulder know Lmao

SBTY_Syndrome

Center Managers Hate Me
The physical part of the job is not hard it is the mental part. Being told that this is the way we want you to do the job but their way just sets you up for failure. That may not make any sense to you but it does to anyone who has ever qualified.
I will definitely take this to heart. As a personal trainer I know the body follows the mind. It's mainly adjusting to the lifestyle. I've been a iOS programmer for 3 years with no set "work time". I've worked from home(& NYC office twice a week) and given whatever projects from the company I have a contract with. Whether I do the work at 8 am or 1 am. It made no difference as long as I made deadline. I usually opted for 10 pm to 4 am

So mentally I will have to prepare myself for a change in lifestyle. The first week will be difficult but if I can overcome that I'll get use to it. I made $20.hr coding but got bored of the office/home setting. I think UPS would be a good fit for me. Until of course the drones take over.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I will definitely take this to heart. As a personal trainer I know the body follows the mind. It's mainly adjusting to the lifestyle. I've been a iOS programmer for 3 years with no set "work time". I've worked from home(& NYC office twice a week) and given whatever projects from the company I have a contract with. Whether I do the work at 8 am or 1 am. It made no difference as long as I made deadline. I usually opted for 10 pm to 4 am

So mentally I will have to prepare myself for a change in lifestyle. The first week will be difficult but if I can overcome that I'll get use to it. I made $20.hr coding but got bored of the office/home setting. I think UPS would be a good fit for me. Until of course the drones take over.
You're gonna regret leaving boredom for a union job. Smh