Investigate Suspension

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Have u ever hired an attorney out of pocket? Not one that's covered by ur insurance company or a contingency lawyer, have u ever actually paid 200-500/hr for an attorney's services?

I've hired a dozen or so attorneys, white, jewish, muslim, asian, etc all out of pocket mostly real estate, business, and employment disputes, and from what I've read skimming thru, I don't think you have a clue as to how they think and operate personally. You probably picked up on what ppl have said on various websites blogs etc.

Those lawsuits ur talking about, with huge sums of numbers, are called class action lawsuits. For ex, fedex paid out 3mil in a discrimination lawsuit for 21,000 or so ppl because of some bias when interviewing. Okay 3mil big # right? First lawyer will take 40% off the top, so 1.8m left. 1.8m/21k ppl = $86/person.

There was a bigger case later on fedex settling with drivers from 20 states but u get my drift. That is not the case here with op. No individual, non-contracted employee, fired for cause, however trivial that cause may have been, will receive anything worthy of a labor lawyer's attention. And if ur in an at-will state, I can fire u for any reason that's not a protected class such as race, sex, handicap, etc, I can fire u cuz ur fat or u smell like cheap aftershave, in an at-will state like FL, there is nothing u can do.

Also, employees you mentioned had 6 figure settlements for what exactly? Unless you know them personally, most individual settlements come with a confidentiality clause by the "settler." So how do you know they had 6 figure settlements?

I do know what I'm talking about, and there is plenty you can do even if your employment is "at-will". FedEx cannot terminate you without valid cause, a concept you and Dano don't seem to understand.

The 6-figure statements are as stated by the affected employees. When a courier goes out a buys a new home and a new Porsche in the same week, it tends to verify their claims.

I'm not talking about class action suits like Ground either.

If FedEx fires you because you got injured or without a valid reason you quite possibly have a case.

Wise up.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Math. Idiot. Lawyers only take on cases that are worthwhile, and proceed accordingly. If they think your case has merit and that FedEx will lose in court, they will take you on

Your new debate tactic: Repeat Dano's point TO DANO and claim victory.

59 Dano

I do know what I'm talking about, and there is plenty you can do even if your employment is "at-will". FedEx cannot terminate you without valid cause, a concept you and Dano don't seem to understand.

The 6-figure statements are as stated by the affected employees. When a courier goes out a buys a new home and a new Porsche in the same week, it tends to verify their claims.

If FedEx fires you because you got injured or without a valid reason you quite possibly have a case.

Wise up.

I guess you're going to ride that "invisible court cases that cannot be verified and there is no record of" horse until it dies.

Cflfdx

Wise up.

Assuming thats a no.

Your ignorance on the matter is really starting to show. At will means at will, I dont need a reason at all to fire you in an at-will employment relationship unless I did it against your protected class, like i fired u cuz ur black, or cuz i didnt like u being a muslim, and you as an employee would have proof of burden in an at-will relationship like ur boss expressed it to u, made jokes about it and u have witnesses etc. Having said that, many liberal states require valid reasoning, paper trail, etc for termination so it varies state by state, but ur saying employer needs a reason for termination in an at-will relationship, which is ignorant. Dont say things like that out in public because itll make u look stupid.

I think ur making the whole 6 figure settlement up since that porsche guy would have to return the porsche if fedex finds out hes going around running his mouth about a settlement. Im 99% sure they made him sign a confidentiality agreement on an individual settlement and he wouldnt risk it by bragging to a bunch of jealous co-workers of his new found fortune.

If an employee who got hurt was fired, that would be covered by worker's comp, even wrongful termination as long as it was due to an injury, even though I don't see fedex setting themselves up to give an injured worker a bigger payday from their workers comp. I can see a novice contractor doing such a thing but not a seasoned corporate hr mgr.

Let me ask you something. As an employer, should I be able to sue my employee if he quits abruptly and :censored2: up my business? Real damages too like if he quit 2-3 days before xmas no valid reason, just to say eat sh1t. Should I be able to go after him in court for damages? No? So then why should an employee be allowed to do that to an employer? Its my company eventhough it's made up of piles of worthless paper and some aging used trucks, shouldnt i be able to hire who i want and fire who i dont want in my company?

bacha29

Assuming thats a no.

Your ignorance on the matter is really starting to show. At will means at will, I dont need a reason at all to fire you in an at-will employment relationship unless I did it against your protected class, like i fired u cuz ur black, or cuz i didnt like u being a muslim, and you as an employee would have proof of burden in an at-will relationship like ur boss expressed it to u, made jokes about it and u have witnesses etc. Having said that, many liberal states require valid reasoning, paper trail, etc for termination so it varies state by state, but ur saying employer needs a reason for termination in an at-will relationship, which is ignorant. Dont say things like that out in public because itll make u look stupid.

I think ur making the whole 6 figure settlement up since that porsche guy would have to return the porsche if fedex finds out hes going around running his mouth about a settlement. Im 99% sure they made him sign a confidentiality agreement on an individual settlement and he wouldnt risk it by bragging to a bunch of jealous co-workers of his new found fortune.

If an employee who got hurt was fired, that would be covered by worker's comp, even wrongful termination as long as it was due to an injury, even though I don't see fedex setting themselves up to give an injured worker a bigger payday from their workers comp. I can see a novice contractor doing such a thing but not a seasoned corporate hr mgr.

Let me ask you something. As an employer, should I be able to sue my employee if he quits abruptly and :censored2: up my business? Real damages too like if he quit 2-3 days before xmas no valid reason, just to say eat sh1t. Should I be able to go after him in court for damages? No? So then why should an employee be allowed to do that to an employer? Its my company eventhough it's made up of piles of worthless paper and some aging used trucks, shouldnt i be able to hire who i want and fire who i dont want in my company?
In light of your arrogant know it all attitude why then are you on here asking people for advice and guidance when it comes to buying a FXG contract? However, I can't wait to see you buy one. Slave wages and bad treatment of employees more often than not leads to an FXG contractor's downfall. Go cocking off to Fat Freddy and he'll crush you like saltine crackers in a bowl of soup.

59 Dano

I think ur making the whole 6 figure settlement up

If you've been here for any length of time you realize that he makes up a lot of stuff. "I just happen to have personal firsthand knowledge of [whatever] and it proves that [something] is rampant all over the company" is his go-to.

To his credit his posts are typically well written and creative. Unfortunately, they're impossible to believe.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you've been here for any length of time you realize that he makes up a lot of stuff. "I just happen to have personal firsthand knowledge of [whatever] and it proves that [something] is rampant all over the company" is his go-to.

To his credit his posts are typically well written and creative. Unfortunately, they're impossible to believe.

Exactly what you'd expect a company bot/shill to day. 100% truth on the lawsuits, pal. You know it.

There are a lot of "at will" employees who are quite wealthy for being unjustly terminated.

Fact.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
And they can't talk about it because of accepting the settlement with a non disclosure agreement, eh?

Even this dumb truck driver knows that

59 Dano

Exactly what you'd expect a company bot/shill to day. 100% truth on the lawsuits, pal. You know it.

There are a lot of "at will" employees who are quite wealthy for being unjustly terminated.

Fact.

You get testy when you get called out on your BS. Why?

If you can assert it without evidence, I can dismiss it without evidence. I'd love for you to provide some reference for all these types of cases. If they exist, there's a record of them online. I'd be happy to see a dozen of them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And they can't talk about it because of accepting the settlement with a non disclosure agreement, eh?

Even this dumb truck driver knows that

Several employees mentioned " 6 figure settlements" without disclosing an exact amount. Why is this so difficult to understand?

When someone who was previously living in a crappy apartment suddenly buys a brand new nice home and luxury car after being engaged in a legal battle with FDX, what would you surmise?

This isn't an isolated case.

Keep on pretending, OK?

MAKAVELI

Assuming thats a no.

FedEx has written policies for a reason. To avoid litigation. At will is not black and white.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx has written policies for a reason. To avoid litigation. At will is not black and white.

Correct. They are all about avoiding litigation."At will" isn't free reign for FedEx to fire you. Dano and the company want you to believe the lie that you have no recourse beyond GFT.

You do, and to pretend FedEx is not regularly sued is ridiculous. Employees can and do win. FedEx is well known as an abusive employer in legal circles and a company that can be successfully fought.

Dano is simply lying, as usual. He is well aware I'm speaking the truth. He needs to perpetuate the lie that FedEx is invulnerable.

Not so.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Several employees mentioned " 6 figure settlements" without disclosing an exact amount. Why is this so difficult to understand?

When someone who was previously living in a crappy apartment suddenly buys a brand new nice home and luxury car after being engaged in a legal battle with FDX, what would you surmise?

Keep on pretending, OK?

I'm not, but dano can't figure it out that's what is happening with those employees that win their cases via settlements with nda s

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We had a guy at our station who was unfairly fired after a witch-hunt orchestrated by the ops managers. He collected a rather handsome settlement amount (he couldn't disclose just how much it was) but let's just say he's living rather comfortably now. Took a little bit over 5 years to settle everything.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We had a guy at our station who was unfairly fired after a witch-hunt orchestrated by the ops managers. He collected a rather handsome settlement amount (he couldn't disclose just how much it was) but let's just say he's living rather comfortably now. Took a little bit over 5 years to settle everything.

Good example. If you do fight them, it will be a protracted battle because they'll do everything to drag it out and get the advantage. Switching courts to try and get a pro-business judge, moving from Superior Court to Federal Court etc. The folks I know who won were in 3-4 year battle with the company. The real end game is to try and starve you out and make you give up, which many people do, which is truly sad. It's a long-term proposition to take on FDX, so your case needs to be strong and winnable.

Exceptions would be blatant racism, sexism, or physical altercations etc. Those go to the front of the line and go away quickly. I do know an RTD who got into a fistfight with a manager. He was terminated, sued, and lost. The manager was also eventually terminated, sued, and lost. Fighting is pretty clear.

Sometimes, FDX is unjustly sued, and loses. Very early on when I was still a courier, we had a foreign-born Black courier who was fired for being abusive to fellow employees and customers. He was also an unsafe, aggressive driver. He sued for discrimination and it went to trial, where he won a high 6-figure judgement. We were all amazed because this guy was a total jerk, unsafe, and no fun to work with. He played the race card and claimed he was fired due to race, his heavily accented English, and racist management, none of which appeared to be true.

Dano lies because it's his job to do so. Express has some truly brutal personnel policies, and an aggressive HR and Legal departments that are NEVER on your side. I know one HR Rep who eventually resigned and moved to another company because her conscience would no longer allow her to be part of the charade. Her husband had been run over by another company with policies similar to FedEx and it really hit home with her how badly employees were dealt with at FDX when they got injured on the job, had a serious illness, or were falsely accused of a termination-grade offense.

Express is an abusive employer.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Being able to prove a conspiracy among managers would be an excellent case. Employees are often set up and/or targeted, but proving it can be tough.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm not, but dano can't figure it out that's what is happening with those employees that win their cases via settlements with nda s

It's rare for a FedEx case to go all the way to trial. Once the company makes the assessment they will lose in court, they settle. It's that simple.

Like I said, when someone who has been battling FedEx in court suddenly has an upscale lifestyle, it isn't hard to figure out why. Nobody has ever told me exact amounts, but they'll nod their head when I toss out numbers.

The new Mercedes, Lexus etc. and the nice house speak volumes about what happened.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Being able to prove a conspiracy among managers would be an excellent case. Employees are often set up and/or targeted, but proving it can be tough.
All it took was the lawyer who subpoenaed the hard drive from the OPS manager's computer (the one who orchestrated the firing) and the fool OPS manager had emailed the SM about it all instead of just walking to his office right in the next room and talk about it. Busted!

It's rare for a FedEx case to go all the way to trial. Once the company makes the assessment they will lose in court, they settle. It's that simple.
And that's exactly what happened right down to the wire.

Last edited:

59 Dano

Keep on pretending, OK?

I don't think you know how this works. If the lawsuits were FILED, there would be records of them. Even if both parties agreed to drop it there'd be a record. I mean, "I heard these people say stuff" and "I saw this guy with a new car" are compelling arguments but just not quite enough.