Irregulars becoming regular

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I'm new at UPS and am unloading. It sucks buttholes big time. I swear I get at least 2 or 3 mini fridges per truck. Also I hate when I have to unload some heavy ass wooden furniture.

I had no idea UPS shipped such heavy things. Not just the super heavy things but a lot of the packages I unload are all fairly heavy(30-50LB). Being a young man I have learned what hard work means lol. Much more respect for blue collar like jobs then what I thought it was.
30-50 is heavy? Those are like a gift in my sort.

Sent using BrownCafe App

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I understand if its really heavy, but if its just a light 20-40 ibs package and it could fit into the truck---come on people, knock it out, that means more volume for us. Some people come to work with the mentality of working the least hardest they can.

Yeah, that's exactly it.. working smarter NOT harder. What I was getting at was not the weights of these boxes but the mere size of them. Sure some are heavy and obnoxiously huge but it's the size of em that is getting worse. I don't mind the occasional heavy box but when it's overweight AND huge, somewhere in the system it should be flagged for redirection.

There is a certain type of Hammermill paper..come in the standard case...but it's strapped on the ends both lengthwise and width wise...they hardly ever need to be taped. It'd be nice if they all came like that!

I got in this morning...i had 2 extra split trucks to load today in addition to my pull. Both split route #s were very similar so I ask my PT sup to change one of the route name...he comes up with this...
View attachment 15629

I told him next time....make it say "Quit"...lol

Should've asked for it to say raise...since they pay you loaders like crap. Yeah sure wishful thinking I guess!

Daalcaar

It wasn't a tire or anything for the hub. It had a label. It was a big wooden rectangle, with who knows what in it. I remember it like it was yesterday. Coming from Asia going to San Diego. Weighed 294 kg, as it said on the label. What got me more mad than the packages itself was the fact that as soon as it went on my belt, my coworkers walked as far away as they could to not have to help me out. Lol. Punks.

MoarTape

So this is well within the size limits, right? And the heaviest I've seen was 300 lbs. I was a battery backup for a server rack. Had a UPS Freight label right on it. They put it in the load anyway..
canoe.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yeah, that's exactly it.. working smarter NOT harder. What I was getting at was not the weights of these boxes but the mere size of them. Sure some are heavy and obnoxiously huge but it's the size of em that is getting worse. I don't mind the occasional heavy box but when it's overweight AND huge, somewhere in the system it should be flagged for redirection.

Should've asked for it to say raise...since they pay you loaders like crap. Yeah sure wishful thinking I guess!
Agreed the size of bulk is getting just ridiculous.

Raise? I just got 2 in the last month. My pay rate isn't the problem..I make more than drivers in progression...just need more hours...lol.

Future

Victory Ride
So this is well within the size limits, right? And the heaviest I've seen was 300 lbs. I was a battery backup for a server rack. Had a UPS Freight label right on it. They put it in the load anyway..
View attachment 15649
Yes.... I have seen heavy ass :censored2: from ups freight get mixed up in our hub as we'll and put on pkg car...mgt response is that it made it this far it can't be over 150lbs.....

Z

ZQXC

Yes.... I have seen heavy ass :censored2: from ups freight get mixed up in our hub as we'll and put on pkg car...mgt response is that it made it this far it can't be over 150lbs.....

Nice canoe; at least it was before we got a hold of it.

Slip into the mist covered water of a tree-lined lake in the fall just after first light. Find a small cove and work the shoreline with a fly rod and top water lure until a large mouth bass explodes from the still water. That will get your heart racing.

About an hour later at camp, cook the bass fillets in a sealed foil packet along with sliced potatoes, sliced onions, bacon slices, and butter. You will still be full when lunch time rolls around.

Good times....

Dr.Brownz

Arn't you supposed to refuse to pick it up if it's too big? That's what a fellow driver did and the full time sup backed him up even though it was only 3 inches to wide and the customer was having a fit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's fairly simple---length plus girth cannot exceed 165". Length cannot exceed 108" (may have been changed to 130") and weight cannot exceed 150 lbs.

Resident know-it-all.

upschuck

It's fairly simple---length plus girth cannot exceed 165". Length cannot exceed 108" (may have been changed to 130") and weight cannot exceed 150 lbs.

Resident know-it-all.
Length and girth <= 165, Length <= 108, Weight <= 150, Packages > 130 length and girth = $56+ LargePackage surcharge.

upschuck

We have had several packages stopped in our hub that were over regulations, and hourly not wanting to touch them, so either Consignee/shipper has got to pu, or UPSF has come picked up and delivered to greater distances. Some drivers will deliver them, though.