Is a leave of absence for school an option?

Can I take a leave of absence for school spanning a year?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Marie Dunkle

I am in my last year of my teacher certification program and will not be able to work during student teaching. I have no intentions of leaving UPS unless I absolutely have to. Is it possible to get a leave of absence from Late August to Mid May to finish up? Being a student who is looking to be a teacher, I will not find a job immediately and will need UPS for a while until I get situated. I am a part time supervisor who has been there over a year.

542thruNthru

I am in my last year of my teacher certification program and will not be able to work during student teaching. I have no intentions of leaving UPS unless I absolutely have to. Is it possible to get a leave of absence from Late August to Mid May to finish up? Being a student who is looking to be a teacher, I will not find a job immediately and will need UPS for a while until I get situated. I am a part time supervisor who has been there over a year.

Unless you have separate language in your supplement here is the leave of absence language in the master.
Screenshot_20180303-111446.png

brown_trousers

Not a chance! UPS is not very accomodating for time off unless required to by law.

But giving you time off so you can get a degree that you wont use for UPS, but will eventually use to leave UPS for your future career. There is nothing in it for UPS at that point

barnyard

KTM rider
All the PT people that student taught in my building, worked the preload and punched out at 7:30 to get cleaned up and go to school. There have been at least 3 in my building in the last 5 years.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Did you lose an avatar bet?