Is a leave of absence for school an option?

Can I take a leave of absence for school spanning a year?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

trickpony1

There was a BrownCafe member known as "Aspenleaf" (I think) that was going to school for her 4 year RN.

She was a preloader. Gosh...I wonder how she did that...

KOG72

I’m full of it
74942AD6-C1AC-4722-A3EC-113BBE863E86.jpeg
Same person???

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Give two weeks, then reapply when you get done. They always need pt supervisors. Probably get the exact same job back. Talk to HR to confirm that you will maintain a rehirable status. Won't be able to maintain benefits, though, so hopefully you have coverage from another source.

brownIEman

I am in my last year of my teacher certification program and will not be able to work during student teaching. I have no intentions of leaving UPS unless I absolutely have to. Is it possible to get a leave of absence from Late August to Mid May to finish up? Being a student who is looking to be a teacher, I will not find a job immediately and will need UPS for a while until I get situated. I am a part time supervisor who has been there over a year.

Yes, a leave of absence is an option.
Your district HR manager can approve a leave for just about any reason.
The thing is though, the option lies with UPS, specifically the HR manager, not you. You can request the leave for education but it will be up to HR to approve it. I've heard of management getting leave approved to run for local office, education and for philanthropic work. It's going to depend on a ton of variables such as your relationship with your management and their relationship with HR, prior precedent, etc.
Won't know till you try. Talk to your manager and HR rep and write a letter requesting the leave based on their guidance. Good luck.

If that's your real name and pic you should change them. Also this should be in the partners forum. @Monkey Butt a little help?

Nike

I am in my last year of my teacher certification program and will not be able to work during student teaching. I have no intentions of leaving UPS unless I absolutely have to. Is it possible to get a leave of absence from Late August to Mid May to finish up? Being a student who is looking to be a teacher, I will not find a job immediately and will need UPS for a while until I get situated. I am a part time supervisor who has been there over a year.
Don't worry UPS monitors this board, since you posted your name and pic they should be able to reach out to you :)

DieHardUPSER

As management you can absolutely ask for a personal leave of absence. I would speak to HR first. You will lose your benefits during the personal leave. The info is on UPSERS so search for Personal Leave or PLOA.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
7AB9EDCF-E9D9-4CFD-AB44-9D4BCE464477.jpeg
Blossom looks hot and I’m not sure what the hell happen to Joey... looks like someone beat him with the ugly stick...