Is ground now delivering Express freight?

bacha29

My local stopped helpers meeting us with their own vehicles over 25 years ago. Now they use PVDs. Smh
Wait till you see what happens when you're in a wreck and you find out what your auto insurer does if they find out that you were running a commercial delivery service out of you PV and running on personal vehicle insurance.

Bald1der

Wait till you see what happens when you're in a wreck and you find out what your auto insurer does if they find out that you were running a commercial delivery service out of you PV and running on personal vehicle insurance.
UPS PVDs are on UPS’s insurance from what I’ve seen. Hourly plus mileage as employees.

bacha29

UPS PVDs are on UPS’s insurance from what I’ve seen. Hourly plus mileage as employees.
In the past a prospective UPS PVD first had to provide among other things proof in insurance. They may have decided to cover them as employees which brings them under WC but if the car isn't titled to UPS don't know for certain if motor vehicle insurance is provided by or can be provided by UPS. In addition states are permitted by law to regulate insurers operating in that respective state. As a result laws will vary from state to state.

Emergency Conditions

We haven't had any get in wrecks yet but we have had some get stuck or break down...they were not happy to learn that UPS wouldn't pay their tow bill lol!

Serf

The Express side is going to go thru a huge change in the near future. Express can announce a plan to cut a billion dollars in expenses, sure. But that still doesn’t change the fact that E Star sucks. We don’t leave the building before 9:15 T-friend. (Unless unusually light; which seems to be more often now.). And it’s much cheaper to truck the 2/3 day freight than can make it date/distance commit.

Aquaman

You're moving packages for an air cargo company. That's all that matters.

Express flies more packages and more planes now than they did then.
Well, Ground is moving packages for an air cargo company as well… unless putting it on their truck and delivering it isn’t “moving packages”.

Aquaman

The Express side is going to go thru a huge change in the near future. Express can announce a plan to cut a billion dollars in expenses, sure. But that still doesn’t change the fact that E Star sucks. We don’t leave the building before 9:15 T-friend. (Unless unusually light; which seems to be more often now.). And it’s much cheaper to truck the 2/3 day freight than can make it date/distance commit.
Express hasn’t been the same since before COVID… that’s pretty pathetic. What did they do with all that pandemic cash they were rolling in? They gave us a 2% raise during that 2 year profit party.

Serf

Express hasn’t been the same since before COVID… that’s pretty pathetic. What did they do with all that pandemic cash they were rolling in? They gave us a 2% raise during that 2 year profit party.
And a one time 1,000 taxed payout for full timers. 500$ for part timers. While UPS was getting 700 a week hazard pay going out with 300+ stops a day.
You’re right. Jan/Feb 2020 Express was up poop creek, strong flu season just provided a stay of execution.

Spam

And a one time 1,000 taxed payout for full timers. 500$ for part timers. While UPS was getting 700 a week hazard pay going out with 300+ stops a day.
You’re right. Jan/Feb 2020 Express was up poop creek, strong flu season just provided a stay of execution.
You sure about that hazard pay with UPS, and 300 stops? 🤥

Emergency Conditions

I sure didn't get any hazard pay and don't know of anyone who did...extra OT was definitely real though, 2020-22 were consecutive personal record years for total hours worked.

Serf

I really don't think you know what you're talking about
Are you being sarcastic? I remember the 2% raise during record profits. I remember the 1,000 bonus pay out pre tax. I remember being in a skip level meeting February of 2020, listening to a director say: “no Walmart is not buying Express. FedEx is just going to park some more planes to save money.”
I’ve been on my route for years, like many other couriers I see the same UPS driver each day. We’re old pals by now. You don’t think we talk back & fourth about work life?

Serf

Huh? Where in the world did you get this? Fake news
First stop 0915. Last Stop 2100. 1 hour lunch break. No pickups. 26 stops per hour average times 11 hours. 286 stops. Shop steward files for hazard pay for all his guys. Man you guys are out there.

Are you being sarcastic? I remember the 2% raise during record profits. I remember the 1,000 bonus pay out pre tax. I remember being in a skip level meeting February of 2020, listening to a director say: “no Walmart is not buying Express. FedEx is just going to park some more planes to save money.”
I’ve been on my route for years, like many other couriers I see the same UPS driver each day. We’re old pals by now. You don’t think we talk back & fourth about work life?
That was our contractual raise we get every August 1st