Is ground now delivering Express freight?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
1. You don't believe that Express is an air cargo company?

2. You don't believe that Express flies more packages and has more planes now vs. decades ago?

I mean, yeah, we're all aware that you'll post for no other reason than to say something (no matter how meaningless), but seriously, dude.
I guess it's OK to order a steak, be charged for a steak (and a surcharge) for a McDonald's plain hamburger that is moldy, with a stale bun, and cold as ice. Oh, and you have to wait a couple of days for it too.

1. Part of it is, but as Makaveli said, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Creating a new business model equals labor reclassification.
2. Irrelevant. Absolutely, Positively. How many trucks does Express have now? Make sure you include all the CTV runs that are scabbed-out to common carriers.

I think most rational people realize that there is no such thing as a "free market" in the US or a level playing field for businesses. Political donations and connections mean that some companies get preferential treatment and have the laws "bent" to suit their needs. The RLA is a perfect example. Add-in tax breaks that mean companies like FedEx pay essentially nothing and Fred has the Caddy set on cruise control with no traffic in sight. Ka-ching!!

You can keep pretending to tell the truth, just like FOX News, but just as they are being revealed as a fraud (big surprise), you will be as well. FedEx isn't just screwing just the employees any longer. It's only a matter of time until it's all exposed.

MAGA, tool.

AB831

Your rapid fire posts must mean you're in a panic. Keep twisting it around to say that the business model hasn't changed. Yep, that's completely plausible given what's happening. You're a Trump guy, so the facts mean nothing.
His insecurity comes out when proven wrong

It will be fine

How could it not be a Federal Trade Commission matter? Making commit times is not the issue. It's selling one type of service at agreed to price....then deliver something different.

It's like ordering a Lincoln Corsair pay the going price to move up to the more luxurious but more expensive Lincoln Corsair but you go to pick it up and the dealer introduces you to your new Ford Edge. Then explains to you that as Dano would say... "it's irrelevant".
The average customer doesn’t know or understand how the freight moves. They only care about the commit time.

You see it all the time when Karen complains that her precious package that was only going 50 miles away is flown to Memphis and back.

yadig

The average customer doesn’t know or understand how the freight moves. They only care about the commit time.

You see it all the time when Karen complains that her precious package that was only going 50 miles away is flown to Memphis and back.
I agree, but the customer does mind when it’s two days late. Do you agree?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
His insecurity comes out when proven wrong
His job (literally) is to come onto social media sites and spew the FedEx corporate line. He's already been caught on this site posting as "Thunder' and I'd imagine he has dozens of different handles/usernames on other sites. Post something bad about FedEx elsewhere and see how quickly they try to put the fire out.

bacha29

Your obvious growing dependence on air boxes which by your own admission will be critical to your profitability going forward is naturally going to compel you to try to bend the narrative in your favor.
At the same time selling a product under false pretenses describing it as an air freight air billed shipment then passing it off to what Fat Freddy claims to be a completely independent nonaligned ground only company which in turn takes the shipment out of the control of Fedex Express will no doubt invite the scrutiny of federal regulators. Not today but eventually.

And the more air box that gets dumped onto Ground the more late delivery's the brighter the spotlight will shine on this highly suspect business practice.

Gone fishin

I agree, but the customer does mind when it’s two days late. Do you agree?
I can’t believe people can’t understand this , the customer chose a more expensive service to insure a successful delivery. If it’s handed over to ground the chances of getting your package goes down dramatically.

yadig

I can’t believe people can’t understand this , the customer chose a more expensive service to insure a successful delivery. If it’s handed over to ground the chances of getting your package goes down dramatically.
I agree with you. Does the customer actually know or care if it’s delivered by ground or express? I don’t think they do if it’s delivered on time.

Gone fishin

I agree with you. Does the customer actually know or care if it’s delivered by ground or express? I don’t think they do if it’s delivered on time.
It’s definitely handled different , yesterday a ground guy mis delivered 3 computers going to an apartment and left them at a business. We can’t take the chance on ground

AB831

His job (literally) is to come onto social media sites and spew the FedEx corporate line. He's already been caught on this site posting as "Thunder' and I'd imagine he has dozens of different handles/usernames on other sites. Post something bad about FedEx elsewhere and see how quickly they try to put the fire out.
Yeah I assume the profiles that give everyone a thumbs down are his burner accounts

Mutineer

I think most rational people realize that there is no such thing as a "free market" in the US or a level playing field for businesses. Political donations and connections mean that some companies get preferential treatment and have the laws "bent" to suit their needs. The RLA is a perfect example. Add-in tax breaks that mean companies like FedEx pay essentially nothing and Fred has the Caddy set on cruise control with no traffic in sight. Ka-ching!!

I don't disagree with this.
You can keep pretending to tell the truth, just like FOX News, but just as they are being revealed as a fraud (big surprise), you will be as well. FedEx isn't just screwing just the employees any longer. It's only a matter of time until it's all exposed.

Not sure what Fox News has to do with any of this, but I agree that maybe someday FedEx will be exposed and lose it's protected status. Deservedly so.

...as soon as Fred misses a payment, and a judge rules against him.

Until that day, this is all pointless to argue.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Except when an Express courier delivers it. FedEx Corp is trying to have their cake and eat it too. If Express drivers are covered under the RLA because they are delivering " air freight " than why wouldn't Ground drivers be covered under the RLA for delivering the same air freight?

The NMB considers a three part test for such employees.

Do they provide services principally for an RLA carrier? (No)
Are they an integral part of that affiliate? (No)
Do they provide services essential to the RLA carrier's operations? (No)

The general rule of thumb used by the NMB is that a contractor shouldn't even bother seeking RLA classification if 80% of his business doesn't come from an RLA carrier.

Sooner or later the combining of the two will end the RLA status. Only a matter of time.
UPS sought to have their ground drivers classified as RLA because they transport most of the air packages. Didn't work. Guess you'll have to try something else.

59 Dano

1. Part of it is, but as Makaveli said, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Creating a new business model equals labor reclassification.
Sorry, son, but there's nothing in the RLA, or in any NMB/NLRB decision, or any court decision that says, implies, or infers anything of the sort.

Nothing. If there was, you'd have posted it by now. You're making this up as you go along.

2. Irrelevant. Absolutely, Positively. How many trucks does Express have now? Make sure you include all the CTV runs that are scabbed-out to common carriers.
Sorry, son, but there's nothing in the RLA, or in any NMB/NLRB decision, or any court decision that says, implies, or infers that the number of trucks owned, operated, or subbed out matters.

Nothing. If there was, you'd have posted it by now. You're making this up as you go along.

MAGA, tool.
Why not just say "I have no answer to the real facts of the issue" and let it go at that?

59 Dano

LOL!!! That's right, I created a new handle here to disagree with me because no one disagreed with me.

Makes as much sense as the other gibberish you post. How do they know I'm not actually you?

59 Dano

Yeah you're really taking a gamble by having Ground take that 3 day package to the next county.