Is it normal to do 190 stops in your 30 days?

JL 0513

Sounds like an otherwise easy route with only 20 businesses, 5 p/u's. Stop count still seems very high considering the mileage. If it was less than 60 total miles it would be reasonable as all those house stops would be tight.

UPSjedi41

If a new driver can do 240 stops during qualification, then an experienced driver should be completing 300 stops a day. May only be an 8 hour day. Get the picture.
I did drive 2 seasonal periods before going full time. Day 1 of 40 they sent me out blind without a SUP. Did 150. I dont think I was ever in danger of not qualifying as long as I didn't get hurt or have an accident.

An experienced driver would do 140 ---if he was a smart experienced driver.
At my building they send an experienced driver out with 140 stops on an extended route and they are back in 8 hours that used to be 12+ hours. And then the driver complains about being over dispatched.

Over 70

The route I know best is around 90 commercial stops, 130-165 total stops/day with 15 pickups in a bricked out 700. Lousy route. If they cram it in a 700 it really sucks but if I get a big car and can walk the middle, it help tremendously and I can really crank it out.

Your route sounds easy but it sounds like you're doing a great job getting her done and picked up the area quick.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The route I know best is around 90 commercial stops, 130-165 total stops/day with 15 pickups in a bricked out 700. Lousy route. If they cram it in a 700 it really sucks but if I get a big car and can walk the middle, it help tremendously and I can really crank it out.

Your route sounds easy but it sounds like you're doing a great job getting her done and picked up the area quick.

Only one thing wrong with that theory
A bigger car means more boxes

Guaranteed

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you're on your 7th day and doing 200 stops you should be just fine.

Just keep working hard
Yep you can keep that pace up for 30 years....let a corporation walk all over you... maybe you will be one of the lucky ones and be able to retire with only a couple surgeries....absolutely a joke.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's the Crappy part of it.

A nice clean truck you can walk thru helps everything fly off the truck but god forbid we do anything to help the drivers.
Why help the drivers....the driver group as a whole is probably doing 30-50% more work than they did 10 years ago... yes there has been a LITTLE bit of technology to help out but most of that has been the push on drivers... and just hiring so many new drivers who can move that volume faster... there's a big running and skipping lunch breaks problem at this company...want the diads to turn off for break and lunches in the next contract.....we need this.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yep you can keep that pace up for 30 years....let a corporation walk all over you... maybe you will be one of the lucky ones and be able to retire with only a couple surgeries....absolutely a joke.
If they break you they will just get another one just like you.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If they break you they will just get another one just like you.
Yep...that's why it's important to go at a decent pace... the numbers they have us work under are not an "average" pace... not even close....corporations lie all the time , ups is no different.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why help the drivers....the driver group as a whole is probably doing 30-50% more work than they did 10 years ago... yes there has been a LITTLE bit of technology to help out but most of that has been the push on drivers... and just hiring so many new drivers who can move that volume faster... there's a big running and skipping lunch breaks problem at this company...want the diads to turn off for break and lunches in the next contract.....we need this.

...you mean other than giving us power steering, 3 point seat belts, much more comfortable seats, lower steps, handrails, key fobs, remote bulkhead door release, remote roll up door release, heaters/defrosters that actually work, DIADs that tell us how many packages for each stop and in what order we should deliver those stops, etc..............

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yep...that's why it's important to go at a decent pace... the numbers they have us work under are not an "average" pace... not even close....corporations lie all the time , ups is no different.

Do you still contend that ours is not a production job?

BTW, for the second day in a row, I am being paid to watch Judge Judy. :)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
...you mean other than giving us power steering, 3 point seat belts, much more comfortable seats, lower steps, handrails, key fobs, remote bulkhead door release, remote roll up door release, heaters/defrosters that actually work, DIADs that tell us how many packages for each stop and in what order we should deliver those stops, etc..............
What does seat belts , heaters, handrails, steps all have to do with going faster... comfort yes.. face it, we're doing more with less and they want 24 year olds at this job.. that will work 10 years and quit... not your washed up old ass...