Is it time the Teamsters ask for a vote to support Bernie in the Primary?

Who should the Transfers nominate in the 2020 Democratic primary? Demo. Primary so no Trump trolling

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aspiring Jenga Master

think it is time we have a Teamster vote to endorse a pro- legalization, single payer health care and student loan forgiveness canidate in the Democratic primary.

He is a pro union canidate and has been endorsed by the postal workers union.

We need to save our unions.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
think it is time we have a Teamster vote to endorse a pro- legalization, single payer health care and student loan forgiveness canidate in the Democratic primary.

May I ask how a single payer health care system would benefit Teamsters, since we have excellent insurance already?
Or why truck drivers should support taxpayer funded "loan forgiveness" for the people who decided that they were above manual labor, and got liberal arts degrees?
Or how "legalization", benefits our union?

You've slipped a current events opinion piece into the UPS discussions forum.

oldngray

nowhere special
vote-none.jpg

Aspiring Jenga Master

May I ask how a single payer health care system would benefit Teamsters, since we have excellent insurance already?
Or why truck drivers should support taxpayer funded "loan forgiveness" for the people who decided that they were above manual labor, and got liberal arts degrees?

Well . . .if healthcare was provided we would be able to have co I insurance paid by ups. Student loan forgiveness would allow people crippled with debt to start small buisness meaning more buisness for UPS. Leagalization would mean non violent drug offenders would no longer cost tax payer $750 a day in jail.

542thruNthru

Well . . .if healthcare was provided we would be able to have co I insurance paid by ups. Student loan forgiveness would allow people crippled with debt to start small buisness meaning more buisness for UPS. Leagalization would mean non violent drug offenders would no longer cost tax payer $750 a day in jail.

Or... wait for it... don't go to college and get in massive debt and just start a small buisness.

I'm not voting for anyone that wants me to pay for student debt.

542thruNthru

It was funny when that guy asked Warren if he would get back the money he already paid on his student loans. Of course not!

Yep, and the guy spoke the truth.

Is my wife or brother going to get a big check? They paid for their college education or what about the parents that sacrificed and started something when their kids were born to help pay for college education.

Don't want college debt?... become a truck driver. ;)

oldngray

nowhere special
Yep, and the guy spoke the truth.

Is my wife or brother going to get a big check? They paid for their college education or what about the parents that sacrificed and started something when their kids were born to help pay for college education.

Don't want college debt?... become a truck driver. ;)
Or go to a vocational school that is cheaper and leads to real jobs. Unlike that expensive liberal arts degree you took out all those loans to get.

ManInBrown

Bernie lolol. You want to pay for a bunch of kids who aren’t yours, to go to college? Not me. That dude will chop 50% of your income right off the top for the government

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Dems skipped right over the working man to support college kids and the homeless. They all want to increase taxes on Workers. And now with yang he seems all to eager to let tech kill jobs. I say no to all. The left has gone too far left for me to see them anymore.

ManInBrown

The Teamsters played a huge part in Obama being elected. And then when they turned around and asked him to help get FedEx out from the RLA so the employees could unionize he did nothing. Offered no help. This isn’t the 70s. The Democrats are not the working people’s party anymore.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

What about those of us who paid off our student loans? Do we get our money back. Sorry, no handouts for stupid. If you can't make a good enough decision to stay out or get out of debt, what makes you think you would be able to run a small business. It's all pie in the sky, fantasy BS, and you're lapping it up like it's lucky charms.

The first thing comrade Bernie would do is abolish unions, and have the government control all pay and working conditions.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

The sanders plan for single payer included a provision for employees under union contract to receive what the employer paid for health coverage as additional wages