Is it too early to bring up the step raise?

vantexan

It's only Darwinian to the handful who, given a system that allows just about anyone to at least do ok without really trying, doesn't do ok.
So in your opinion, pushing out senior couriers who've lost a step is ok and not Darwinian capitalism? Survival of the fittest?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So in your opinion, pushing out senior couriers who've lost a step is ok and not Darwinian capitalism? Survival of the fittest?
Who is pushing out senior couriers who are slow? Is there a coordinated effort within the company to get rid of them? To this day I think I can count on one hand how many people I know who were fired for performance, and in every case there were other issues at play.

vantexan

Who is pushing out senior couriers who are slow? Is there a coordinated effort within the company to get rid of them? To this day I think I can count on one hand how many people I know who were fired for performance, and in every case there were other issues at play.
Didn't say they were. I'm saying you're in favor of it and if you were in charge that's exactly what would happen. Replace them with lower paid newhires. Profit above all else!