2022 step increase

Maui

I'm not aware of any ramps like that and I'm in a B0. We also don't have any premium pay either. We've been way, way understaffed for months now. They've been hiring temps at the local temp agency to get staffing up. I also heard FedEx is now telling everyone that volume is way down at all but a handful of ramps. Can you name a B0 ramp that is fully staffed, because I sure can't? And you can't count temps as being fully staffed. Funny how they have money to raise their dividend to investors and to hire temps, but not for raises.
Yes. I know of a couple out west. Obviously there is normal turnover, but they still get multiple applicants for new openings and hire easily. No temps have been at these locations outside peak at all. Even in understaffed locations temps have been pulled to save money for Q1.

Volume is down throughout the network. That's been true for months and was true for the last FY; however, revenue is up. Just like UPS.

Maui

We have a few stations within ~45 minutes of me that are all B1 pay grade. 2 of which don’t have a premium right now and are failing miserably. 1 other one has done just fine overall over the last couple of years. And the last 1 was possibly the worst performer in the district but just got premium pay about 2 months ago and seems to be on the mend.

2 of those stations I know are having HUGE staffing issues with ops managers as well. One senior manager who did absolutely nothing about staffing is no longer with the company. I’m guessing they were asked to leave given the staffing and Dex 01 rate, but I don’t know first hand.

And if they don’t think staffing needs addressing? They’re flying in couriers from out of state to run routes. Like I said earlier, their contingency plans are more expensive than the real solution to the problem. 🤷‍♂️
I believe you're in the DEN market. It was insane that some didn't get the premium. Worst in the district? Worst in the division and I can't believe that Senior has kept a job. Incompetent leadership there and frustrating for everyone from the station to VP.

B2 is the absolute bare minimum pay scale we should have. Even in the very few areas that can staff. The labor is worth that. FedEx has stunted pay for decades and bet on the current shortage being temporary. They were wrong and need to resolve to pay a truly competitive rate. Pay is the root cause of most of the problems at the company.

purplelife

I believe you're in the DEN market. It was insane that some didn't get the premium. Worst in the district? Worst in the division and I can't believe that Senior has kept a job. Incompetent leadership there and frustrating for everyone from the station to VP.

B2 is the absolute bare minimum pay scale we should have. Even in the very few areas that can staff. The labor is worth that. FedEx has stunted pay for decades and bet on the current shortage being temporary. They were wrong and need to resolve to pay a truly competitive rate. Pay is the root cause of most of the problems at the company.
I was going to guess that market as well.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Yeah DEN market. I’ve probably said it a few times here, not sure. Crazy that 2 stations literally 30 minutes away from each other don’t get the same pay premium.

When they do the autopsy on FedEx a few years from now, they'll blame it on incompetent upper management and their steadfast refusal to give raises when they know that's the main problem with the company. A simple solution that even a 5th grader could figure out. They have massive staffing shortages and they absolutely refuse to raise the pay to get people to apply and stay. All so they could keep that extra money to divvy up amongst themselves like a bunch of corporate pirates.

Aquaman

When they do the autopsy on FedEx a few years from now, they'll blame it on incompetent upper management and their steadfast refusal to give raises when they know that's the main problem with the company. A simple solution that even a 5th grader could figure out. They have massive staffing shortages and they absolutely refuse to raise the pay to get people to apply and stay. All so they could keep that extra money to divvy up amongst themselves like a bunch of corporate pirates.
The most embarrassing way to struggle and fail is to not pay enough when you have the profit availability. What Enron did is less embarrassing lol.

Guitarman01

Thats decent, just follow through on what you promised and I think alot of their employment problems will go away. its a payment plan almost similar to a contract or should be looked at that way. A sort of union agreement without the union.
As a newer employee I would have been looking elsewhere minus the step raise, our line of work isnt worth it without it. im sure I would have been one of many that have jumped shipped seeing how fedex has operated.

zeev

It is not a union agreement in any form or shape, it can be changed tomorrow, they will raise health insurance or cut benefits to make it worthless.

floridays

im sure I would have been one of many that have jumped shipped seeing how fedex has operated
I'm going to offer you a bit of unsolicited advice

The way they have operated is their dna, Federal Express dna is dead, it's gone, it does not exist.

The advice

Make all purchases with cash, make no transactions, especially large ones on revolving credit. (One exception is a mortgage payment no larger than 25% of your net take home)

They have not changed the way they operate.
This in no way similar to a contract, and the larger debt you incur simply means they have their claws deeper into you to their benefit.

That does not sound pretty, I'm just telling you the truth for your benefit.

Abusdfdxcrr

Thats decent, just follow through on what you promised and I think alot of their employment problems will go away. its a payment plan almost similar to a contract or should be looked at that way. A sort of union agreement without the union.
As a newer employee I would have been looking elsewhere minus the step raise, our line of work isnt worth it without it. im sure I would have been one of many that have jumped shipped seeing how fedex has operated.
They will give us this "raise" and skip next yr and maybe the yr after that. Don't get your hopes up. Like the other poster posted it's in their DNA. 🧬
And us the Frontline heroes lol,will be disgruntled all over again, it's a cycle that seems to work for them and us. Smh

Aquaman

They will give us this "raise" and skip next yr and maybe the yr after that. Don't get your hopes up. Like the other poster posted it's in their DNA. 🧬
And us the Frontline heroes lol,will be disgruntled all over again, it's a cycle that seems to work for them and us. Smh
Ya it’s why it’s hard to be happy here. I should’ve topped out in 2020. So while I’m glad this is a step raise year. I’m aware the next 2-3 years won’t be. We all are. And that’s created a bitter angry workforce that isn’t happy about a $2/hr raise. Next year will be their chance to kickstart some consistency and try to repair the damage done to morale.

Slowturtle

Ya it’s why it’s hard to be happy here. I should’ve topped out in 2020. So while I’m glad this is a step raise year. I’m aware the next 2-3 years won’t be. We all are. And that’s created a bitter angry workforce that isn’t happy about a $2/hr raise. Next year will be their chance to kickstart some consistency and try to repair the damage done to morale.
Agree.. it looks like a raise but with inflation @8.5% our groceries and gas will just be covered…

SmithBarney

Agree.. it looks like a raise but with inflation @8.5% our groceries and gas will just be covered…
Except that inflation rate isn't accurate, most groceries alone have seen a 10-25% jump in price. example of a couple staples Eggs 1.27/dz now 1.50(18%) milk 1.54/gal now 1.74/gal before you jump on me for price we have a local Food Lion that sells eggs and milk super cheap(loss leaders), the other food lion down the road milk is 3.99 gal and eggs are 2.25/dz
I've seen this through the spectrum of most foods, even $1 bags of candy are now 1.49 at walgreens, nearly 50% jump in price.. Inflation and companies trying to recoup lost earnings are going to crush our economy. Here's to hoping for more steps in the future! I made it over the hump, step 6 here I come! only took 16 years.

Guitarman01

I'm going to offer you a bit of unsolicited advice

The way they have operated is their dna, Federal Express dna is dead, it's gone, it does not exist.

The advice

Make all purchases with cash, make no transactions, especially large ones on revolving credit. (One exception is a mortgage payment no larger than 25% of your net take home)

They have not changed the way they operate.
This in no way similar to a contract, and the larger debt you incur simply means they have their claws deeper into you to their benefit.

That does not sound pretty, I'm just telling you the truth for your benefit.
Funny you mention that.
Ive already told myself this seems like sort of a strange job to have a mortgage on, car payment, or send the kids to college etc.
Theres just something that feels sort of risky, like is this really a comfortable long term solution?
Theres just a little bit of edginess or unease with the thought of doing this for 25 years idk.
You see the people getting banners for 25 years of service and some are like damn thats a long time to be doing this.
Im getting tired just thinking about it lol.
Maybe its the constant pressure of being perfect or the constant hustle, it can be sort of fun like a game sometimes but its also kind of draining.
The raises might string me along, if not it would be a pretty good incentive to look elsewhere.
Like is this really a career? or is it I just keep showing up everyday and before I know it 10 years has passed.

floridays

Funny you mention that.
Ive already told myself this seems like sort of a strange job to have a mortgage on, car payment, or send the kids to college etc.
Theres just something that feels sort of risky, like is this really a comfortable long term solution?
Theres just a little bit of edginess or unease with the thought of doing this for 25 years idk.
You see the people getting banners for 25 years of service and some are like damn thats a long time to be doing this.
Maybe its the constant pressure of being perfect or the constant hustle, it can be sort of fun like a game sometimes but its also kind of draining.
The raises might string me along, if not it would be a pretty good incentive to look elsewhere.
Like is this really a career? or is it I just keep showing up everyday and before I know it 10 years has passed.
You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders, just don't let the raises string you along because you have accumulated debt, if you do they own you. I have nothing but best hopes and wishes for you. I like seeing a kid with his future ahead of him with his eyes wide open.

Best to you, I send you this song I liked in the long ago past.
Good luck and best wishes Guitarman :thumbup1:

Last edited:

Aquaman

Funny you mention that.
Get your class A and be an RTD…. Make a little more $ than a courier. Top out faster. And have your out if this place ever gets worse. I always felt uncomfortable as a courier having my mortgage etc. relying on a job I couldn’t replace if I lost it. Get your class A and walk around with an instant raise in your wallet. You have to have an out at this place.