Is it worth it to be a part-time supervisor?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I just quit however I was a part time sup and I can say it was by far the worst job I've ever had. You're literally a verbal punching bag for everyone because the boss blames you for problems with the loaders but then you can't do anything to the loaders and the loaders have no respect for you because they know you can't do anything. Also in reference to college this may just be my building but another part time sup was in college told them his hours they constantly made him late and he was run so thin he was getting hurt and sick all the time and ended up dropping out. Not worth it imo
If more part-time sups sued UPS for the harassment and abuse that is not legal then things at UPS would eventually change.

A few Part-time sups would surely get some decent financial settlements along the way.

I made a commitment when taking on harassment and abuse in the workplace that I am never going to quit or resign no matter how much I am threatened or harassed. I will only be wrongfully terminated.

For that any UPS employee has a right to sue.

The beauty is that some have sued, won before they were fired, got a big settlement and still got to keep their job.

Driver7906

I was approached about being a PT supervisor after my first month of preload. The preload manager was hyping it up and making it sound good. I told one of my drivers who’s truck I was loading about it when he came to work and he said “Don’t do it.”.

Knowing what I know now, I’m so glad I didn’t. Through years of observation, I see that it’s one of the most thankless jobs in the company. PT sups come and go and who knows what I’d be doing for a living now.

quad decade guy

I just quit however I was a part time sup and I can say it was by far the worst job I've ever had. You're literally a verbal punching bag for everyone because the boss blames you for problems with the loaders but then you can't do anything to the loaders and the loaders have no respect for you because they know you can't do anything. Also in reference to college this may just be my building but another part time sup was in college told them his hours they constantly made him late and he was run so thin he was getting hurt and sick all the time and ended up dropping out. Not worth it imo
Wait...how would a part time sup get hurt? Unless doing hourly work.....

I literally see more blue shirts doing hourly work than hourlies.....3(part-time sup) to 1 hourly.

unloady

If you become a part time supervisor you should either be going to school or learning a trade. Once you gain your degree/experience in a trade, quit and get a real job. Use the supervisor “experience” to pad your resume. Being a part time supervisor is a thankless, dead end job where management will treat you even worse than the way they already treat the hourly union employees. If you plan on working at UPS long term, stay in the union as an hourly whether it be part time or full time.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Wait...how would a part time sup get hurt? Unless doing hourly work.....

I literally see more blue shirts doing hourly work than hourlies.....3(part-time sup) to 1 hourly.
We had a pt line sup fall off the catwalk & break his right ankle... it was ugly. Happened right next to my pkg car. Was thinking in my head, look b4 stepping & adjust to changing conditions MotherF@$&’er

upser2020

If you want to be a fill time supervisor or manager maybe. I've filled in a lil as a supervisor and honestly so far kinda glad I haven't been promoted.