Is it worth it to be a part-time supervisor?

wilberforce15

PT Supervisor is very much worth it if you are using it to leverage into something else.

It's a great way to springboard from UPS hourly into FT management at a real warehouse or logistics operation that, for some reason, respects and wants UPS people.

upser2020

If u don't believe me I don't rly care. Just trying to give my opinion. I know how to run a bag line(small sort) and when there is a shortage of supervisors(due to training class vacations call offs etc) I occasionally am tasks with running a bag line.

watdaflock?

One of our PT sups is like 55 years old and still lives with his mom. He supposedly has a "girlfriend" he's been with since HS, yet they've never lived together or gotten married. This particular PT sup had the chance to go to college, he says, but his mom said no.

Don't ever be a UPS PT Sup.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
One of our PT sups is like 55 years old and still lives with his mom. He supposedly has a "girlfriend" he's been with since HS, yet they've never lived together or gotten married. This particular PT sup had the chance to go to college, he says, but his mom said no.

Don't ever be a UPS PT Sup.

That my friend is just plain scary...my definition of purgatory...🙀

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If u don't believe me I don't rly care. Just trying to give my opinion. I know how to run a bag line(small sort) and when there is a shortage of supervisors(due to training class vacations call offs etc) I occasionally am tasks with running a bag line.
Lol
Sure ya do jethro

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
ROFL.

I think the most fun point in my career at UPS will be when a fellow hourly worker decides that they get to be my supervisor for the day.

542thruNthru

No offense man but my one armed mentally challenged 15 year old cousin could run small sort (bag line).

Whereistheunion

Would like to know in case I'm ever asked I'm assuming the answer is hell no but I'd like to hear from guys who did it.
No pension, once you go sup you don't came back to the( Union) work is easier if the decision is for something other than school I say don't do it. You will lose your accrued part time pension credits once the paperwork is signed. You don't have no more Union protection if you flush the toilet the wrong way your job will be gone.

No pension, once you go sup you don't came back to the( Union) work is easier if the decision is for something other than school I say don't do it. You will lose your accrued part time pension credits once the paperwork is signed. You don't have no more Union protection if you flush the toilet the wrong way your job will be gone.
I can think of 6 part time sups that became drivers in my building including myself so that’s not true you can go back it’s just a lot harder. If your staying for career stay hourly, if your just going through school stay hourly.