Is it worth telling management about being overpaid?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
If they ask I just tell them my wife takes care of the money and I never look at my check. I just assume it will be right.
1610849382353.gif

nWo

Wouldn't bring it up. Our helpers def made more than $15.50 though. $15.50 seems insanely low for helpers in 2021.

FEGuy

UPS may notice it, they may not. If they notice it, UPS may take it back, they may not (yes, they can dock a future check or checks for the amount overpaid.) They may take it back at a point you really were looking for that full check. Maybe best to notify them before the money has been spent?

siouxman

siouxman
For helper pay I normally make $15.50/hr. This check shows I got paid $17.50/hr. Is it worth letting management know, or is it small enough that they won't notice?

Btw, they almost paid me right for my 78 hours they owed me. They paid me, but they still owe me 10.5 hours.
Can never go wrong be honest

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You have a contractual obligation to notify the company.

"When an employee notifies the Employer in writing of any ongoing overpayment, the employee’s increasing liability will cease five (5) working days after the date of the written notification. The notification shall be provided to the employee’s immediate supervisor or manager."

What if it's a one time overpayment, and not "ongoing".

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
no just keep it. if they ever do bring you in and fuss at you for it. just say:
"well yeah i don't get why my pay rate is always jumping around, my supervisors never explained my pay stub. and no one else did either." turn to the steward "were they supposed to have trained me about that?"