Is the UPS dropoff boxes safe?

Ms Spoken

If this was real and I say IF JMO this person is wanting to get info on how to open so he/she could stop a certain letter or package. Maybe something from a attorney, Court House, Bank. Maybe this person has someone helping him on telling him when they are going to drop the letter. Since no pictures or tracking number you have to start wondering as to why this person is still pushing or can you say TROLL or just plain stupid !!!!

Ok that was your last feeding from me until I have more proof to back up your story.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
Can't I just give it to the driver?

Hi Abyss,

Just wanted to check in with ya...and see where we are at in this process? Did you get the pictures? I haven't seenanymore posts
from you and wondering where you are??

Are you stuck in the box with your package?

If you are...please, please...try to get me a signal

so I can start the procedure to get you and your package out!!

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
ABYSS IMPACT

I am starting to get really worried about you...

Please contact me ASAP!

I have the means to get you out of the box!!

Please let me know your ok!!

You didn't take your laptop with you did you???

New Englander

I just checked and my Xbox is still there, stuck... Is there a way to get it out? The thing where you pull down to put your package in doesn't open. It opens slightly but not all the way. I'm going back there when a driver picks it up to ask if he can get it out. I tried putting a broom in to shove it down but it won't go down. Is there a way to open that?

thanks

A driver is not going to leave a package stuck in a drop box. Go troll somewhere else you tool.

BrownSuit

This is obviously a troll, but brings up a couple of good points:

• The boxes are private property. Any tampering or attempted entry by somebody other than an employee of UPS as it relates to their job functions can be considered vandalism and/or breaking and entering.
  • Ground packages can go into drop boxes, but only certain dimensions. I don't have those dimensions in front of me, but it's basically the size of the opening. I do know an XBox Box would not fit or qualify.
  • Customers should NOT be leaving packages out or around the drop boxes. I know it happens, but we cannot be responsible for packages left outside the drop box. If you see it, this is a good Sales Lead Opportunity because they obviously need a pickup of some kind or to be educated.
  • If something happens/malfunctions to a drop box, the customer should call 800-PICKUPS. They should not attempt to open the box themselves, nor should they simply wait for a driver. Customer Service will send a message to the center and an On-Road should go out to the location within the hour to see if the problem can be resolved.
  • This is bogus because the driver would have as mentioned previously lifted his hand up into the box to check for letters and noticed the blockage.
  • This is also bogus because somebody else would have had to use the box and would be calling raving mad because we didn't pick up and deliver their item yet. It's also likely more important than an XBox.
  • Drop boxes are placed in areas where they generally receive 6 piece on average a day. If they do not receive that volume, they are moved. Again another reason why this is bogus as mentioned above.
  • The boxes cannot take packages with a declared value in excess of $500
There is probably more about Drop Boxes, but that's all I can remember this late at night.

Also indoor drop boxes are usually placed on ground floors or easily accessible (trafficked areas) parts of office buildings. In the scenario given, the likelihood that nobody has stopped and said anything is slim to none.

I've also given negative feedback to our troll, I would advise everybody else to do the same and maybe he'd stop.

We've had people leave tracking numbers on this board before and post pictures, there is no reason he cannot do so. There are also some here who would have access to more detailed tracking information than UPS.com, it would be in somebody's interest to leave that information if they actually wanted help and weren't starved for attention.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Abyss Impact
Do you wish to know the secret code that will open the lock on the letter box's bottom door ?
Hint.........its usually under the ...............:wink2:

thebrownbox

There are also some here who would have access to more detailed tracking information than UPS.com, it would be in somebody's interest to leave that information if they actually wanted help and weren't starved for attention.

That tracking program can only be ran at the hub right? I was trying to locate my package before I left work and it was showing the history and one of them was "Truck out for fuel"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can tell you from experience that the drop boxes are very secure. I have several boxes that I P/U and I was having problems with the lock on one of them. Well, I went to pick it up and it simply would not open--the buttons on the lock were pushed all the way in and when I tried to reset they wouldn't come out. The box is placed to serve one of our larger shippers and they told me that they had several pkgs in there. I called my on car and he told me to do what I had to to get it open so I borrowed a pry bar and, after several tries, was able to pry the door open with little damage to the door. The lock was replaced and the door repaired the following morning and the pkgs made service. And, to answer the obvious question, nothing was ever said nor was any discipline discussed for the damage to the box. It was written off as a cost of doing business.

stringerman85

Those drop boxes way a ton! It would take more than a couple guys to steal it :happy-very: And ya gotta have long monkey arms to even get far enough down inside of it to grab anything

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had this elderly lady who had a HSN return that she had wrapped in brown paper and then STUFFED in to the box. I simply removed it from the box, drove to her house, and placed it right by her front door. (She lived 1/4 from drop box in a seniors citizen high rise.) I didn't scan it, sheet it or anything--just put it by her door. There was no way it was going to make it through our system.

Leftinbuilding

Those drop boxes way a ton! It would take more than a couple guys to steal it :happy-very: And ya gotta have long monkey arms to even get far enough down inside of it to grab anything

We have had two letter boxes stolen (not broken into...gone) from three feet outside our Customer Counter door. Never found. After the second one, they secured the third so someone would have to take half the parking lot with them. No probs since.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Why does every x-box break?

Another poor Microsoft product. The original design overheats, causing failure. I don't know what they do to fix them, but they charge $100 if its out of warranty. Bill Gates is a genius for making billions off crappy products.