Is there a special way your center numbers/names their trucks?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Ours used to be the first three letters of our last names on the route. So the Pals would say SMI, JOH, MIL, and so on. But then we got some :censored2:nozzle that didn't like this as he thought it gave drivers a big head of the route being "theirs". So said :censored2:nozzle decided to renumber all the routes in order. 121, 122, 123, 124...... We now have 10 times more misloads than we did before his genius move, which he said he was doing to cut down on misloads.

W

What The Hawk?

Ours used to be the first three letters of our last names on the route. So the Pals would say SMI, JOH, MIL, and so on. But then we got some :censored2:nozzle that didn't like this as he thought it gave drivers a big head of the route being "theirs". So said :censored2:nozzle decided to renumber all the routes in order. 121, 122, 123, 124...... We now have 10 times more misloads than we did before his genius move, which he said he was doing to cut down on misloads.
You'd think they want it to be easy to load the trucks. That sucks. >:(

jaker

trolling
No matter what it doesn't really help , my pal is Ron the truck on the left is 470 and truck on the right is ant and we still get more misloads then we should

W

What The Hawk?

No matter what it doesn't really help , my pal is Ron the truck on the left is 470 and truck on the right is ant and we still get more misloads then we should
I suppose I'll run into some number trucks at some point. I'm good with numbers though. Stocked stores bases on upc numbers for years.

Siveriano

At our center we go by the slot where you truck is parked and is different from the route. We use numbers for routes so you have route 67B and the truck is park on slot 704

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh it helps. Before we would have route 11B and 11E right next to each other. With the printers that print the PAL directly onto the box they often look very similar.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Seriously?

Who created this system? Changing the name should be so simple.
It was easier Pre-ORION (shocker I know). To change names you have to go through every base plan and changed each route individually. Then you have to optimize every route, even if you aren't dispatching it. We changed all the car names in my old center once. We had 30 routes with 35 or so base plans. Took a full day to change everything.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
It was easier Pre-ORION (shocker I know). To change names you have to go through every base plan and changed each route individually. Then you have to optimize every route, even if you aren't dispatching it. We changed all the car names in my old center once. We had 30 routes with 35 or so base plans. Took a full day to change everything.
tumblr_mzkv0205U21sguo1so1_400.gif

You poor baby. How did you ever survive

W

What The Hawk?

A bunch of peaks ago they had me loading these routes...among which were called 79E and 79F. After the first day of that, I went to my center manager and asked him to rename one truck anything else. So I come in the next day....both routes were changed to FIRE and QUIT....lol.
That's sad. Lol but funny as :censored2:.