Is there a special way your center numbers/names their trucks?

W

What The Hawk?

For instance mine has trucks with real names. One is Pat. Another is named after a football team. Is that depending on the center or something else? Just out of curiosity. :-)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Only reference to a name that's been thrown around is "Truckasaurus Rex" for some of the super old trucks the swing drivers get.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have heard of routes named on a PAL label by using the first four letters in the driver's name instead of the route number. This is to make it easier for the preloader. Instead of routes 12A, 12B, etc, a short alphabet-based name is used to prevent confusion.

W

What The Hawk?

I have heard of routes named on a PAL label by using the first four letters in the driver's name instead of the route number. This is to make it easier for the preloader. Instead of routes 12A, 12B, etc, a short alphabet-based name is used to prevent confusion.
I live in WA state and one of the names on the truck/PAL label is 49er.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Weird I never heard that before...the first four letters of my name are not D-I-C-K. I should talk to someone about this and find out how my truck was named. Before that it was called Q-U-I-T.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

My old route still has my name on it, (and no its not Turd). Kind of ticks me off the guy doing it is besmirching my name

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
My old route still has my name on it, (and no its not Turd). Kind of ticks me off the guy doing it is besmirching my name
The weirdest part is I don't have my own route. Every truck and every route I run is called D-I-C-K. Golly, I wonder what the acronym stands for.