Is there any happiness with a job at UPS?

Thebrownblob

I don't understand this issue. What is UPS doing? Forcing extra hours (with pay) is cheaper than hiring additional full-time workers?

Oh, the issue is they have understaffed their operation purposely and are ruining peoples health and lives going on close to five years of forcing six days. and most of the people forced were supposed to have their hours reduced. seems like a legitimate complaint to me.

Everyone and their frigging dog have complaints!

My most unhappiness at UPS would be the lazy people, the incompetent people, and the "waiting to retire" people. They slow me down. Yes, there is always issues about the pay and benefits. We know C-suit and their "staff" rule us like overlords while we slave away. However, what is the true picture? Do they sleep at night soundly or working their brain out?

At least most of us aren't picking parts to stuff into boxes at Amazon warehouses!
Hey :censored2:tard, it's contract season. This is when we get to let it all out and ask for change. Many of us bitch to be funny and let off some steam, I don't think anyone here takes the job for granted, nor do we underapreciate our position. We haven't had an advantage like this in a long while, it's our time. :censored2: off.

Pullman Brown

I don't understand this issue. What is UPS doing? Forcing extra hours (with pay) is cheaper than hiring additional full-time workers?

UPS is not following the contract that they agreed upon which is to staff the operation accordingly. Most of these corporate people have no idea what the contract says nor care what it says. I think the Union should have sued the company over this. Try to get away with that with your contract on your mortgage and see how that goes!

Thebrownblob

Hey :censored2:tard, it's contract season. This is when we get to let it all out and ask for change. Many of us bitch to be funny and let off some steam, I don't think anyone here takes the job for granted, nor do we underapreciate our position. We haven't had an advantage like this in a long time, it's our while. :censored2: off.
Lol :censored2:tard

anonymous23456

Alot of centers have plenty of drivers and they cut routes to make every route excessively heavy. If you dont see the issue, you've never done physical work in the heat, cold, and darkness
I see the issue. I understand the issue. I agree that it needs to be resolved to a reasonable solution. Put it this way, if management can get rid of all workers and still get the jobs done tomorrow, they will do it. Maybe we have to do it the French way? Burn the streets once in a while to get attention or demand? And I do hate the French.

RangerMan06

I see the issue. I understand the issue. I agree that it needs to be resolved to a reasonable solution. Put it this way, if management can get rid of all workers and still get the jobs done tomorrow, they will do it. Maybe we have to do it the French way? Burn the streets once in a while to get attention or demand? And I do hate the French.
I agree if UPS Could replace us they absolutely would.

Drink Craft Beer

My most unhappiness at UPS would be the lazy people, the incompetent people, and the "waiting to retire" people. They slow me down. Yes, there is always issues about the pay and benefits. We know C-suit and their "staff" rule us like overlords while we slave away. However, what is the true picture? Do they sleep at night soundly or working their brain out?

At least most of us aren't picking parts to stuff into boxes at Amazon warehouses!
Weak trolling is weak.

anonymous23456

Weak trolling is weak.
You think I'm trolling? I have a job at UPS and so do you. Your job sucks in its own way. My job sucks in its own way. What is the number of union workers and good paying jobs in this country for the last 30 years? You do the math and ask why. Of course, it is the drive for bigger profit. Do you also think we all don't want more money for the job? Where is the money coming from then if the company does not make more profits? I get you; the CEO and C-suite take a huge cut out of that.

You think I'm trolling? I have a job at UPS and so do you. Your job sucks in its own way. My job sucks in its own way. What is the number of union workers and good paying jobs in this country for the last 30 years? You do the math and ask why. Of course, it is the drive for bigger profit. Do you also think we all don't want more money for the job? Where is the money coming from then if the company does not make more profits? I get you; the CEO and C-suite take a huge cut out of that.
Our money will come from your side, that's why there are thousands of management jobs on the block. You're welcome.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If this company won't back how they used to treat people it would be a lot better
It’s never been great afaic…never understood the “good old days”…maybe in the 1930’s??? Been here since the early 90’s and it’s always been about productivity and “bringing it in” type BS. It’s never been good enough, or fast enough….at least in my experience. Have had some decent mgt people, but overall most have just been really crappy people that would never be considered mgt material at other companies.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

I have asked you many times, and you have deflected or lied many times.

What is your role within this company?