Is there any policy (HR) on how late they can keep us out making deliveries?

Maui

Yea I signed a contract to start about a month ago. The problem is I think they are going to have a hell of a time filling my midday route, I dont think anyones going to want to do it. I get way out in the sticks on some very back roads, I think its going to spook alot of people especially at night in the winter. The thought is though that these midday routes are going to change to some sort of flex route for peak or better yet when daylight savings ends.
There are no contracts at FedEx except pilots, but if you have accepted a route with a start date there needs to be effort to make that happen. Like I said delays are understandable, but if the route you bid on runs every day then they haven’t filled that either. What difference does it really make which route is open?

They should be making sure to fill your route or train somebody since it’s extended. I’m not saying be difficult, however, you are your best advocate. Respectfully ask when you’re starting since the agreed upon date has passed and get some agreement on when it will start - sooner than later. If it were another location that you bid you’d already be there.

NC man

I bet. No internet, no cell phones, no online ordering, no Amazon. Im sure its worlds different now.

Our benefits were much better. You can go anywhere now and get ins and 401k and probably better starting pay. Just trying to keep you from wasting your life with this company.

falcon back

Well, ive been a driver for years before this, for an office supply company like staples, but it was local.
Maybe im just ready to stay put.
I bought that flashlight btw lol, 50 bucks. I might as well have a spotlight with some of the places I go.
Excellent light. I have several of them. Good battery life too.