Is there any policy (HR) on how late they can keep us out making deliveries?

Guitarman01

We are told to be in by 2030, roll it over if have to. We don’t want drivers out when dispatch is unmanned.no pkg is worth your safety.
Like actually be back at the station by 2030? The thing with my route is I cover alot of ground. I could make my last stop right before 2000 and still hit that commit time, but be 45 minutes from the station after that.
Its also the same with us, dispatch leaves at 830. So if I dont even have dispatch after that time why should I still be out?
So I clear after my last stop, then who is paying attention after that, that I made it back to the station to end on road. Is that suppose to be dispatch too? They would be long gone.

Myort

If someone pulls a gun on me, I’m calling the cops and pressing charges. And they won’t EVER get another delivery from me again. I don’t care how many times they’ve been robbed.

El Morado Diablo

I had a guy answer the door while holding a handgun behind his back. He had to set it down to sign for his package. I told my manager I was never going to knock on his door again. I would only release packages at his door (it was an old motel that was converted into studio apartments). He was OK with that. Makes you wonder who the guy thought might be at his door.

NC man

Leo has a flashlight. Allows u to work allllll night !!!

I’m not working all night lol. At peak few yrs ago we had pkgs piled up at station due to running out of time and understaffed. Since response started we have pkgs rolled over every day and it’s not peak yet. This peak is gonna be epic,in a bad way.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I’m not working all night lol. At peak few yrs ago we had pkgs piled up at station due to running out of time and understaffed. Since response started we have pkgs rolled over every day and it’s not peak yet. This peak is gonna be epic,in a bad way.
Don’t make rolled over freight your problem. Let corporate figure it out, same for peak. Make them EARN the big bucks. They need something to do besides walk around and act important.

Guitarman01

Quit whining! Go get another job
I tried. I bid on an am route I was supposed to be on a month ago, but because of lack of staffing im still stuck on middays.
Everyone on my shift wants off midday, its not just me, especially with the time change coming up real soon.
The pay and benefits are decent, and sometimes the job can be pretty enjoyable, but I will admit there is a type of constant chaos that makes me wonder if this is something I want to maintain for 20+ years.

falcon back

I tried. I bid on an am route I was supposed to be on a month ago, but because of lack of staffing im still stuck on middays.
Everyone on my shift wants off midday, its not just me, especially with the time change coming up real soon.
The pay and benefits are decent, and sometimes the job can be pretty enjoyable, but I will admit there is a type of constant chaos that makes me wonder if this is something I want to maintain for 20+ years.
Maybe being a courier isn't for you.

Maui

Do you have a signed, accepted route bid? If not ask when to expect it. If yes, then it should list a start date. Sounds like your location has staffing challenges so it’s understandable there may be a delay. Try to get agreement on a timeline and ask the senior if necessary.

Typically, the route selection should come in a week or two after the posting comes down and the start roughly 30 days afterwards. There is some manager discretion here, but just leaving the route open indefinitely because of mid-day staffing isn’t really fair to the successful bidder IMO.

NC man

You don’t ,trust me. So much different than when I started,1988.if young enough to switch gears then do something else.

Guitarman01

Maybe being a courier isn't for you.
Well, ive been a driver for years before this, for an office supply company like staples, but it was local.
Maybe im just ready to stay put.
I bought that flashlight btw lol, 50 bucks. I might as well have a spotlight with some of the places I go.

Guitarman01

Do you have a signed, accepted route bid? If not ask when to expect it. If yes, then it should list a start date. Sounds like your location has staffing challenges so it’s understandable there may be a delay. Try to get agreement on a timeline and ask the senior if necessary.

Typically, the route selection should come in a week or two after the posting comes down and the start roughly 30 days afterwards. There is some manager discretion here, but just leaving the route open indefinitely because of mid-day staffing isn’t really fair to the successful bidder IMO.
Yea I signed a contract to start about a month ago. The problem is I think they are going to have a hell of a time filling my midday route, I dont think anyones going to want to do it. I get way out in the sticks on some very back roads, I think its going to spook alot of people especially at night in the winter. The thought is though that these midday routes are going to change to some sort of flex route for peak or better yet when daylight savings ends.