Is there contract language or US law that prohibits UPS from promoting pro-contract propaganda?

KhalDan

I'm currently shocked stupid as to why the national union has spent so much money on pro-contract fliers while I have seen hardly anything from UPS themselves. I don't understand why the union is fighting so hard to get membership to vote yes while UPS of course would want this to go through, but it doesn't seem like they've done much other than teleconferences and some things on UPSers.

Is there some labor law that prohibits companies involved in collective bargaining from trying to influence workers on how they vote on a contract or what?

Crumudgeon

POW-MIA.. never forget...
Collusion is very difficult to prove, just ask Donald Trump. Seems to be the Company and OUR Union are working in concert, In my humble opinion...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I'm currently shocked stupid as to why the national union has spent so much money on pro-contract fliers while I have seen hardly anything from UPS themselves. I don't understand why the union is fighting so hard to get membership to vote yes while UPS of course would want this to go through, but it doesn't seem like they've done much other than teleconferences and some things on UPSers.

Is there some labor law that prohibits companies involved in collective bargaining from trying to influence workers on how they vote on a contract or what?
There is such a thing as the “captive audience bill”.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

I tell you why? Its because they think we Teamsters Members are Stupid and will not read this contract language and will focus only in the money. This time we are aware of everything. This contract is a Slave Contract. They will manipulate employees as they please, BE AWARE. We need to focus on "key" words, rather than dollar signs ($)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Ten reasons to vote yes fliers were passed out at our guard shack this morning. By shop stewards. They also approached some known vote no guys and harrased them this morning before pcm. No joke, it’s amazing. At this point I only hope everyone that can vote does, no matter what way you feel, we need to get a true idea of where our rank and file stand.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

I imagine the union is pushing hard because ups is going to add 25% staffing with these 22.4 positions.

That's a 25% increase in full time employees contributing to the failing pension

And a 25% increase in cheaper labor for ups.

A win win for both sides. A lose lose for current part timers and future employees.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

Ups is trying to push for a yes vote.

LagunaBrown

News Flash! You do know the Teamsters negotiated it and it was aproved by the two man committee. What in the world would makes you think they would recommend a no vote? You do know we lost volume last strike and had to get it back, you have to realize both the Teamsters and UPS think a strike would be bad. If you want to not listen to them and strike then vote no but some of these threads are just silly.....Obviously they are pushing a yes vote.

cachmeifucan

The 2 man committee can't see that they couldn't get us a better deal. They should say we tried to get a better deal but this is what it is. Then they should say they recommend a no vote so they could renegotiate a better deal so we show ups we are united and strong. I wish I had your pension how much is it again laguna
News Flash! You do know the Teamsters negotiated it and it was aproved by the two man committee. What in the world would makes you think they would recommend a no vote? You do know we lost volume last strike and had to get it back, you have to realize both the Teamsters and UPS think a strike would be bad. If you want to not listen to them and strike then vote no but some of these threads are just silly.....Obviously they are pushing a yes vote.
T

iruhnman630

The most contentious part of the t.a. is a creation of the union.

Think of it as a clock:

The union is pulling up towards the 11, the company is pulling up towards the 1, and us chumps who do the work are pulling towards down to the 6.

F

Frankie's Friend

I imagine the union is pushing hard because ups is going to add 25% staffing with these 22.4 positions.

That's a 25% increase in full time employees contributing to the failing pension

And a 25% increase in cheaper labor for ups.

A win win for both sides. A lose lose for current part timers and future employees.
A short term win for those who are retiring soon. If the next cba brings a fight over funding the ups/ibt pension, especially after CS goes belly up if the BLA doesnt survive and Congress says "sorry" about the pensions failing, you will now have lost the increase win.
Look what they're doing to their own people in management. Figure it out.

Superteeth2478

What part of "voting no does not equal a strike" do you not get? How dense are you, seriously?

And the more I see Marcus Aurelius' quote every time I see your posts, it makes me cringe even more. Have you even read Marcus Aurelius? And of all the quotes of his to put up, you put that one up knowing that you're a sellout? Disgusting.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
What’s silly is the fact you claiming both UPS and Teamsters think a strike would be bad yet think a no vote would catapult us 2 stages beyond to nuclear status of a strike? Sounds like a scare tactic. Take it or strike? That’s what you’re saying?