Is this normal at all centers?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thank you for your responses, our center is quite embarrassing. I over heard our dispatcher this morning say "we aren't delivering Air today because we are to busy!!!!
It sounds like they need to hire a few more drivers if that is the case... Sounds like your management team are a bunch of losers...

CanOSup

One of them
hi everybody, just want to start off saying I've been with UPS 8 years, 4 years now as a driver...
Is it normal to be treated like this at most centers or is mine just this messed up?
When I want on the 9.5 list and ask for reduced hrs I basically get repremended or pulled off to the side and talked to the next day about my times.
One time I actually filed a grievance for lack of reduced hrs and the next day had my center manager ride with me a whole week... claiming it was an Orion ride along but critiqued and bitched about how I was doing things wrong. These are just a few examples of what I've gone through. I had put in for an 8 hr day two days ago and it was approved. They cut a route right before driver start time and I received most of the business and some resis which prior to that I was still going to be over 8 hrs and told management that. Halfway through the day I received this message maybe posted below, I worked 8 hrs and brought back 52 stops which I'm sure I'll be pulled into the office or have a ride along tmrw.... to be honest our center consists of about 32 routes and the whole place is basically a joke. I personally consider this harassment and am mentally drained at this point. And yes I work at a brisk safe pace and don't fool around. Was just looking for some feedback to maybe have things changed.

You brought back 52 stops because you did not receive your 8 hour request??? This is not within your rights as a Union Member. There is a grievance procedure for this contractual violation.

I will agree you are not being treated properly, but what you did was wrong. I would absolutely file for harassment and retaliation but don't put yourself in a situation to lose you job. If you currently have a "bullseye" on your back, this is a pretty significant offence for them to ignore. Good luck to you. Hopefully they don't classify this as an unauthorized work stoppage or walkout.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You brought back 52 stops because you did not receive your 8 hour request??? This is not within your rights as a Union Member. There is a grievance procedure for this contractual violation.

I will agree you are not being treated properly, but what you did was wrong. I would absolutely file for harassment and retaliation but don't put yourself in a situation to lose you job. If you currently have a "bullseye" on your back, this is a pretty significant offence for them to ignore. Good luck to you. Hopefully they don't classify this as an unauthorized work stoppage or walkout.

Canadian?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

In my local it is in our contractual rights to bring stops back in excess of eight hours. It is up to management to find a home for them if they want service made.

CanOSup

One of them
In my local it is in our contractual rights to bring stops back in excess of eight hours. It is up to management to find a home for them if they want service made.
That's wild. Fair enough I stand corrected. I've never seen that language. I would be curious to read how its written.

Hooey1

Hi Canosup, thank you for your insight. I had called and sent a message over my diad to see if I was instructed to work past my 8 hr day or bring back unfinished stops. As a driver my biggest goal is customer satisfaction. Unfortunately our night supervisors made that call and this situation is definitely not unheard of in our center.

CanOSup

One of them
Hi Canosup, thank you for your insight. I had called and sent a message over my diad to see if I was instructed to work past my 8 hr day or bring back unfinished stops. As a driver my biggest goal is customer satisfaction. Unfortunately our night supervisors made that call and this situation is definitely not unheard of in our center.

More and more of this story unravels. I admit I was quick to judgement. If you sent a message, they did not dispatch you with 8 hours then it's on them. I would definitely pursue retaliation. That message is absurd, if they try to ride with you again you may even have an over supervision avenue.

CanOSup

One of them
The driver had an 8 hour request and management CHOSE to put more than 8 hours on the car... They are the ones who screwed the customer.... Pretty easy to see that Dave...stop swinging on the company's sack ...
That sounds incredibly painful. I would dislike that very much.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've stayed off the 9.5 list thus far and am being hosed with 12-13 hr days sometimes not even finishing and I'm an intown driver, I am reluctant to go on the list to avoid harassment and when I talked to a Stewart about this, there response was " yeah I could understand that"

You have 2 choices
1. Nut up and get on the 9.5 list
2 keep being a sheep

Faceplanted

Make sure to file retaliation greviences and I would also go as far was filing discrimination charges with the eeoc. They are singleing you out and treating you differently than your peers simply because you are on the 9-5 list.

Every time they ride file for harassment and retaliation and say it all relates to being in the 9-5 list. You need a paper trail because they will try to fire you. If you don't make a long trail you will look like a liar at panel. If you show a long history of harassment and retaliation which all started right after you got on the 9-5 list.... the case is slam dunk.

I made my management team look like complete a-holes with the trail or harassment and retaliation I brought to a local level hearing.

Get ready for a battle, after you get paid and they hear the harassment greviences, it will usually stop and they'll move on to somebody else

I'm also very sure a top attorney in your area would love to see that message you have a pic of. People have gotten settlements off of less. That pic could be worth 100k easy. It's unbelievable your management team would put something like that in writing.