Is this normal at all centers?

Hooey1

Make sure to file retaliation greviences and I would also go as far was filing discrimination charges with the eeoc. They are singleing you out and treating you differently than your peers simply because you are on the 9-5 list.

Every time they ride file for harassment and retaliation and say it all relates to being in the 9-5 list. You need a paper trail because they will try to fire you. If you don't make a long trail you will look like a liar at panel. If you show a long history of harassment and retaliation which all started right after you got on the 9-5 list.... the case is slam dunk.

I made my management team look like complete a-holes with the trail or harassment and retaliation I brought to a local level hearing.

Get ready for a battle, after you get paid and they hear the harassment greviences, it will usually stop and they'll move on to somebody else

I'm also very sure a top attorney in your area would love to see that message you have a pic of. People have gotten settlements off of less. That pic could be worth 100k easy. It's unbelievable your management team would put something like that in writing.
Thank you for all the information, not just any management I am almost positive it was our center manager.

Faceplanted

Thank you for all the information, not just any management I am almost positive it was our center manager.
Just from that message I can tell he is very unprofessional. That's literally a lawsuit right there especially in today's culture and climate.

Hooey1

Make sure to file retaliation greviences and I would also go as far was filing discrimination charges with the eeoc. They are singleing you out and treating you differently than your peers simply because you are on the 9-5 list.

Every time they ride file for harassment and retaliation and say it all relates to being in the 9-5 list. You need a paper trail because they will try to fire you. If you don't make a long trail you will look like a liar at panel. If you show a long history of harassment and retaliation which all started right after you got on the 9-5 list.... the case is slam dunk.

I made my management team look like complete a-holes with the trail or harassment and retaliation I brought to a local level hearing.

Get ready for a battle, after you get paid and they hear the harassment greviences, it will usually stop and they'll move on to somebody else

I'm also very sure a top attorney in your area would love to see that message you have a pic of. People have gotten settlements off of less. That pic could be worth 100k easy. It's unbelievable your management team would put something like that in writing.
I also was able to make the 9.5 list Friday and my center manager tried calling me later that day, I didn't answer because anything that could be said to me can be sent over diad. I received this message over the diad. My route does a pickup two- three blocks from his house but I don't have his residential area on my route, also the misloads didn't even belong to me.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You should stop posting those diad pictures, you wouldn't be the first driver who got in real trouble for that.

Faceplanted

According to a certian case that went down in cali with I believe a certian grocery store chain, you are ALLOWED to record or take pics of things just like what he posted.

That's a very sexist message and who knows if the op has an gender identity issue and takes huge offense to that. Not saying you do.... but who knows now and days.

Management need to act in a pc manner. This isn't 1975 any more

vvv

That message is nothing......have received far worse over the years over the diad. And yes have many lovely photos of each and every one of them.

Faceplanted

That message is nothing......have received far worse over the years over the diad. And yes have many lovely photos of each and every one of them.
So what did you do with the photos or issues? You file a formal complaint with eeoc? You consult a big local labor attorney? You think it's nothing it's nothing. That message combined with a few harassment claims and another driver or two from the center doing the same is a huge law suit. Because drivers take this type of stuff every day doesn't mean it's ok or legal.

I assume you showed it to your ba or steward and they did nothing as is what is exactly expected. Things like this are deemed acceptable by our teamsters, it's not from the rest of the modern world.

Management is questing his "manhood" because he can't get the job done, thus implying he is a female. While doing so they are emplying women aren't equal or can't do the same amount of work as a man. This is not an example management should be setting, and shows a sexist work environment. On top of that with all the gender identity stuff going on the past couple years, this could easially get blown way out of proportion by somebody claiming harassment.

Last edited:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
hi everybody, just want to start off saying I've been with UPS 8 years, 4 years now as a driver...
Is it normal to be treated like this at most centers or is mine just this messed up?
When I want on the 9.5 list and ask for reduced hrs I basically get repremended or pulled off to the side and talked to the next day about my times.
One time I actually filed a grievance for lack of reduced hrs and the next day had my center manager ride with me a whole week... claiming it was an Orion ride along but critiqued and bitched about how I was doing things wrong. These are just a few examples of what I've gone through. I had put in for an 8 hr day two days ago and it was approved. They cut a route right before driver start time and I received most of the business and some resis which prior to that I was still going to be over 8 hrs and told management that. Halfway through the day I received this message maybe posted below, I worked 8 hrs and brought back 52 stops which I'm sure I'll be pulled into the office or have a ride along tmrw.... to be honest our center consists of about 32 routes and the whole place is basically a joke. I personally consider this harassment and am mentally drained at this point. And yes I work at a brisk safe pace and don't fool around. Was just looking for some feedback to maybe have things changed.
Lol! :censored2: dumb asses don't even know how to use a comma or the word 'to' properly. How are you supposed to take anything they say seriously?

hi everybody, just want to start off saying I've been with UPS 8 years, 4 years now as a driver...
Is it normal to be treated like this at most centers or is mine just this messed up?
When I want on the 9.5 list and ask for reduced hrs I basically get repremended or pulled off to the side and talked to the next day about my times.
One time I actually filed a grievance for lack of reduced hrs and the next day had my center manager ride with me a whole week... claiming it was an Orion ride along but critiqued and bitched about how I was doing things wrong. These are just a few examples of what I've gone through. I had put in for an 8 hr day two days ago and it was approved. They cut a route right before driver start time and I received most of the business and some resis which prior to that I was still going to be over 8 hrs and told management that. Halfway through the day I received this message maybe posted below, I worked 8 hrs and brought back 52 stops which I'm sure I'll be pulled into the office or have a ride along tmrw.... to be honest our center consists of about 32 routes and the whole place is basically a joke. I personally consider this harassment and am mentally drained at this point. And yes I work at a brisk safe pace and don't fool around. Was just looking for some feedback to maybe have things changed.
Send me a message like that. Guarantee you I will be in the office tomorrow

PT Car Washer

So what did you do with the photos or issues? You file a formal complaint with eeoc? You consult a big local labor attorney? You think it's nothing it's nothing. That message combined with a few harassment claims and another driver or two from the center doing the same is a huge law suit. Because drivers take this type of stuff every day doesn't mean it's ok or legal.

I assume you showed it to your ba or steward and they did nothing as is what is exactly expected. Things like this are deemed acceptable by our teamsters, it's not from the rest of the modern world.

Management is questing his "manhood" because he can't get the job done, thus implying he is a female. While doing so they are emplying women aren't equal or can't do the same amount of work as a man. This is not an example management should be setting, and shows a sexist work environment. On top of that with all the gender identity stuff going on the past couple years, this could easially get blown way out of proportion by somebody claiming harassment.
Snowflake award winner.

Faceplanted

Snowflake award winner.
So, were the guys who sued ups and won their lawsuit over the hanging doll and the relation that followed a bunch of snowflakes too? Is being sexist ok and racist not? I'm curious to your opinion

Replace the word man in the message with Latino or white.... see where I'm going with this?

In my opinion a corporation should not be engaging in any behavior like this. Me not being a snowflake grew up learning it's ok to defend your self verbally or physically depending on the situation for stuff like racism, bigotry ect, but since we can't do that at ups, you gotta hit them the only way they will learn and that's in the pockets.

PT Car Washer

So, were the guys who sued ups and won their lawsuit over the hanging doll and the relation that followed a bunch of snowflakes too? Is being sexist ok and racist not? I'm curious to your opinion

Replace the word man in the message with Latino or white.... see where I'm going with this?

In my opinion a corporation should not be engaging in any behavior like this. Me not being a snowflake grew up learning it's ok to defend your self verbally or physically depending on the situation for stuff like racism, bigotry ect, but since we can't do that at ups, you gotta hit them the only way they will learn and that's in the pockets.
I went back and reread the DIAD message and I believe you are reading way more into it then what is actually there.

Faceplanted

I went back and reread the DIAD message and I believe you are reading way more into it then what is actually there.
I'll ask again, would you think it's fine to replace man with Hispanic, black, white ect?

You may come from a way of life where it's okay to be sexist, lots of us did or do, doesn't make it okay.

Lots of people would probably believe the guys read way too much into the safety demonstration where it could appear that a doll was being hanged. Guess what, they felt offended, sued ups and won a lot of money.

People have different opinions of what's wrong and right. Imho if there is any gray area or you think somebody might take this the wrong way, as a person in management..... YOU DONT SAY IT. Simple.

Corporations can't talk like me and you can... I think your misconstrueing that fact. The center manager represents ups management and how their treat employees.

Cman84

I
i am dealing with the same issues.now on my 3rd 9.5 they are over dispatching me and then when i say im over, they send me a msg saying you are being instructed to finish under 9.5 hours no help and no missed.then they give u a warning letter for failure to follow instructions. Second time is pending suspension and third is a pending termination.basically by friday they say they can terminate us.a 30 year driver in my loop has a pending termination, i have a warning letter for it.the hearing is tuesday im ready to see how it plays out.

PT Car Washer

I

i am dealing with the same issues.now on my 3rd 9.5 they are over dispatching me and then when i say im over, they send me a msg saying you are being instructed to finish under 9.5 hours no help and no missed.then they give u a warning letter for failure to follow instructions. Second time is pending suspension and third is a pending termination.basically by friday they say they can terminate us.a 30 year driver in my loop has a pending termination, i have a warning letter for it.the hearing is tuesday im ready to see how it plays out.
It is too bad some managers think they have to play this game. Must be all the pressure they are under from their bosses.

Hooey1

There is nothing there to be upset about.

We are written up for everything, questionable or not. Why not hold them to the same standards? If I were called in for saying something that may come off as sexual harassment to a customer damn straight the next day I'd be fired, or be talked to and most definitely recorded.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are written up for everything, questionable or not. Why not hold them to the same standards? If I were called in for saying something that may come off as sexual harassment to a customer damn straight the next day I'd be fired, or be talked to and most definitely recorded.

Yawn.