Is this stealing ?

wornoutupser

UPS finally paid a greivance to me from last August. UPS refused to hear the greivance.

I came back from vacation, and my center manager was all smiles. He said "here is your check".

I refused it- it was almost 1/2 of the agreed amount in the greivance settlement. I demanded the full amount owed.

If I held money from UPS for nearly a year- the tried to only pay 1/2 of what was owed, how fast would I be walked out the door?

bbsam

Staff member
No, it is not stealing. It is legal maneuvering. The same as if you were in a car accident and the insurance company sent you a $500 check for pain and suffering. Really their liability is higher but if you cash the check, they are off the hook.

JonFrum

UPS finally paid a greivance to me from last August. UPS refused to hear the greivance.

I came back from vacation, and my center manager was all smiles. He said "here is your check".

I refused it- it was almost 1/2 of the agreed amount in the greivance settlement. I demanded the full amount owed.

If I held money from UPS for nearly a year- the tried to only pay 1/2 of what was owed, how fast would I be walked out the door?
Article 17
"Any grievance settlement not paid within ten (10) working days of the settlement shall entitle the grievant(s) to a penalty payment as outlined [in Article 17] above."