Is this what forty years gets you in

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Maybe it’s 3500 now? I know they just raised it recently because the pension hadn’t changed in like 25 years.

I can second that..back in 1994 at a JAC hearing a business agent from 710 gave me a copy of their pension plan benefits..It was 3000 with 30 years service...

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I put in 6 1/2 part time and 32 1/2 full time years and I gross $3927.50 a month. That is in Florida.

Shiftless

I think it helps others to understand, if a retiree quotes a monthly number, the items below have a relationship in how that plays out?

With Teamster regions being different it does help share the knowledge. Even within regions it can be very different.

Example:
Years of PT and FT service?

Was Health insurance offered to retiree only or both retiree and spouse?

If health insurance was offered at what cost?

Could you take a survivorship plan?

Did you take a survivorship plan?

If you took it how much was the step down to your monthly retirement while you are alive?

When you die how much does the plan reduce the payout to the survivor?

Re-Raise

To be clear: you thought retirement pay was unlimited? Really? Into perpetuity?

What does having a 35 year guy have to with the pension?
Okay

I‘m one of the only people on here who doesn’t criticize you.

I know that I get more for 26.75 yrs then I would for 25 and out. When does it cap it? At 30 yrs? At 35 yrs? At 40 yrs?

Re-Raise

I just looked at my 710 pension plan description book and it says you get $114 more for each pension credit earned.

Last edited:

quad decade guy

Why would you say that?. The company is still putting money in on your behalf why should you get more money if you stay longer?
Say what exactly? There were several points in there. It was stated that the poster didn't realize it "topped out"(pension)
Okay

I‘m one of the only people on here who doesn’t criticize you.

I know that I get more for 26.75 yrs then I would for 25 and out. When does it cap it? At 30 yrs? At 35 yrs? At 40 yrs?
There is a point here where you will not get more money past a certain point. Your pension may vary.

quad decade guy

Re-Raise

Authority? Never said that. Act? that's your construct.

I respond to declarative and any other statement. That's how conversation works.

K. Cool.
I don’t really think you understand how conversation works.

My post, that you took it upon yourself to quote, said that I didn’t think our pension plan has a cap, but that I wasn’t sure. Couldnt care any less what your opinion is, because YOU HAVE NO IDEA!

You have no ability to give and take in a normal exchange.