Is this what forty years gets you in

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I live in a pretty pricey area and 6k/month is way more than I need to live comfortably. Most months I don't spend more than 2.5k.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Wife has family in Albany NY and I've thought about moving there. Winter up that way is brutal though, that's enough to keep me south of the Mason Dixon.
Don’t go…you’ll suffer in the winter for sure but you’ll double what you’re spending a month.

Re-Raise

Hey buddy! How’d you get your part time pension already, or were you referring to what it will be?
You have to go through UPS retirement to get it started. You can start getting it as soon as you retire with a 6% or so reduction for every year you are younger than 65.

I get $245 at 56 and I would have gotten $385 if I had started receiving it at 65.

upsgrunt

You have to go through UPS retirement to get it started. You can start getting it as soon as you retire with a 6% or so reduction for every year you are younger than 65.

I get $245 at 56 and I would have gotten $385 if I had started receiving it at 65.

Thanks! Unfortunately I only had 2 years part time, so looks like I’ll be waiting. Did UPS contact you about a buyout of the part time pension?

35years

Gravy route
Be aware...

I worked 6 years part time. At least two of those years don't qualify for part time pension credit because I didn't put in enough hours.

So, because I don't have 5 years with enough part time hours, I get no part time pension.

Be aware...

I worked 6 years part time. At least two of those years don't qualify for part time pension credit because I didn't put in enough hours.

So, because I don't have 5 years with enough part time hours, I get no part time pension.
Is your part-time pension through the union or through the company?