Is ups freight going brown ???

jimguyy

Something just struck me. What if they're changing the trucks to brown and changing the trailers to be interchangeable for one simply obvious reason. When they finally decide to get out of LTL they'll have all of those power units and trailers to bring into their system. A scary thought but we all know that freight don't make the money that package makes. Sorry for the damper, but it is possible.

kstat69

Ups freight is one of the largest in the country. With yellow phasing out and with the growth ups freight is experiencing I can assure you we are going nowhere. Ha..gonna get larger way larger...they bought us for a reason and that's to compete with fed ex freight. We are currently one of the only freight companies making a profit. Again I wouldn't plan on freight going anywhere. However I would plan on merging in some form.

kstat69

Hey, just found out today ups out of Atlanta is going to take over costumer relations and billing from ups freight Virginia...(overnight)... its about time. Big changes are coming ..stay observant.

Buckethead

How come it seems like the parcel guys dont like the freight guys?

I dont give a rats fat :censored2: if the parcel side likes or dislikes us. We dont make the decisions, management does.

If the company is losing money with us, thats on them. Maybe they should have stuck with packages instead of following FedEx's Lead.

If the employees of the parcel side dislike us, who cares. I dont know about you, but i have bigger things to worry about.

upsgrunt

I dont give a rats fat :censored2: if the parcel side likes or dislikes us. We dont make the decisions, management does.

If the company is losing money with us, thats on them. Maybe they should have stuck with packages instead of following FedEx's Lead.

If the employees of the parcel side dislike us, who cares. I dont know about you, but i have bigger things to worry about.

What would be one reason that us parcel guys and gals wouldn't like you freight people?
I can't think of any.
If anything, the few freight guys I see on my route give me the cold shoulder- won't even wave in passing on a 2 lane road.