Is UPS going broke?

All the while FedEx ground is delivering their first bulkstops to businesses( we are trying to get to switch to ups ) by 8:00–8:30.....bam, right there we have lost our competitive advantage....all we have is our service since usually we are more expensive.... or that’s what mgt keeps on spoon feeding us.
In the 80s/90s late trailers were like a cardinal sin and late air was rare. Only had the occasional late mid-day air.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In the 80s/90s late trailers were like a cardinal sin and late air was rare. Only had the occasional late mid-day air.
Trailers are on time much more that air volume.....unless they get held up by the rail which happens. Planes break down all the time ....

Days

All the while FedEx ground is delivering their first bulkstops to businesses( we are trying to get to switch to ups ) by 8:00–8:30.....bam, right there we have lost our competitive advantage....all we have is our service since usually we are more expensive.... or that’s what mgt keeps on spoon feeding us.

I think UPS has better service by such a small lead that it’s negligible. If I remember it’s like 3% or something, don’t quote me in that.

F

Frankie's Friend

Volume has doubled since 1995 and the revolving door employment in the hubs is rampant.

F

Frankie's Friend

I mean, come on.... what company doesn’t buy tp and paper towels for the restroom???? Especially a company worth how many billions????? Seriously?? Maybe we should have had to negotiate for that....bathroom supplies???? Or would Taylor have :censored2:ed that up also????? Only 22.4’s get to have adequate bathroom facilities.....?????
Just hold it until April. It'll be a new quarter.
Then you can poop and flush the toilet.

F

Frankie's Friend

Hehe people wanted more in the last contract and yet the company isn’t even supplying paper towels.
I'm sure that Atlanta's corporate office has the same shortages.

The martini allowance is cut to only three for lunch.

F

Frankie's Friend

Between 1989 and 1996, 1 out of 6-8 preloaders made their 30 days. Be careful you are beginning to make a strong case for 22.4s.
The ones that "made their 30 days" is a greater percentage than the ones that stay today, even in light of the fact that the company tries harder to "keep" part timers and the mar for qualifying is extremely low. They hire felons today that would never have gotten past their HR interview back then.

I remember the management's pcm when they said they would now hire close family members because the part time ranks were choosing not to make the job a career and they were turning over jobs more quickly than ever.

No one makes a case for 22.4s.

The poverty wages that the part timers have endured is making the case for 22.4s if the issue is even relevant to watering down the ft pkg car job.

No one makes a case for 22.4s.

The poverty wages that the part timers have endured is making the case for 22.4s if the issue is even relevant to watering down the ft pkg car job.
“cover drivers” are a water downed pkg driver. I can’t believe other places even have “cover drivers”.

F

Frankie's Friend

You have not heard?
Replacing bathrooms with outdoor outhouses.
20180203_172750.jpg

Bob11B

I think if the health Dept found out how much urine we were throwing away into the garbage cans daily they would fine ups for haz mat violations..... no doubt about it
We did the same in Iraq, threw them out (no trash service). I pat myself on the back daily when I think about how many kids were saved from dehydration.