Is UPS going broke?

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
UPS as it currently is configured will not exist in 10 years.
UPS will need to dramatically transform itself to compete with the new Amazon Delivery Service.
Once Amazon acquires FedEx.
Amazon doesn't want UPS and the headache of the Union.

Please Call Center

I have a confession to make; it's my fault. I probably have about three-thousand of those scattered between my house, car, pants etc. And out of those three-thousand pens i could probably get enough of 'em to work to fill out the date on a single info notice.

Days

UPS as it currently is configured will not exist in 10 years.
UPS will need to dramatically transform itself to compete with the new Amazon Delivery Service.
Once Amazon acquires FedEx.
Amazon doesn't want UPS and the headache of the Union.

That’s what I think too. Amazon will merge with Fed Ex. It’d be quicker than just building everything from scratch. Question becomes what kind of delivery service they will become

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not going broke, saving millions, thanks to Orion
Yeah.... the technology cost ups 800 million to design and get implemented across the board and the article said ups is saving “millions???!?!!!?” So they are saving 10 million a year..... on a 800 investment... so yeah pretty much a fail on their part....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We don’t have PCMs Tues-Thur to save $$$
They do this to try to save money but won’t park a trailer at a customers location because of who knows why and loose the account..... common sense is totally lacking at this company.... sorry fellas, snazzy Acronyms, and more and more useless technology isn’t going to be able to always right the ship.... we give a service, we don’t have to act like we are making space rockets or putting a man on Mars..... sometimes less is more and getting back to basics is the way to go... even in 2019.....

4evapreloader

Yes its totally laughable how they think not supplying paper towels in the bathrooms will save the company.
But in all seriousness (I know that's frowned upon here), what exactly does the company have in the pipeline that will cut costs? All I see is the same old work faster, work faster. Yes that may have worked in the 80's, but it's not the 80's anymore.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes its totally laughable how they think not supplying paper towels in the bathrooms will save the company.
But in all seriousness (I know that's frowned upon here), what exactly does the company have in the pipeline that will cut costs? All I see is the same old work faster, work faster. Yes that may have worked in the 80's, but it's not the 80's anymore.
What’s next... not being able to order pants or long sleeve shirts because it takes more material to make than short sleeves and shorts???? Every driver will only get 2 pens each January and this has to last the entire year???

What’s next... not being able to order pants or long sleeve shirts because it takes more material to make than short sleeves and shorts???? Every driver will only get 2 pens each January and this has to last the entire year???
A delivery notice allowance is next.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The currently-defunct six-sided scanner systems would be their best shot as they are very cheap to rollout and can provide full coverage of actual dimension and weight measurements. Such information can be used in code (again, cheap) to automatically clean up dispatch load positions and maximize cube space in the vehicle.

Bob11B

Yeah.... the technology cost ups 800 million to design and get implemented across the board and the article said ups is saving “millions???!?!!!?” So they are saving 10 million a year..... on a 800 investment... so yeah pretty much a fail on their part....
Completely agree. The picture I posted was from a UPS magazine I received. Of course, UPS would never admit the failure of Orion...not to mention the time it adds to routes but I won’t beat a dead horse.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Completely agree. The picture I posted was from a UPS magazine I received. Of course, UPS would never admit the failure of Orion...not to mention the time it adds to routes but I won’t beat a dead horse.
It reminds me of that plane that the army or navy were touting as the next big thing even though pilots were being killed in accidents or bailing out and totaling the planes....the people on the ground were telling top brass that there were design flaws but were being told to make it work because there was already too much money invested (taxpayers money) and it couldn’t all be wasted for nothing..... SOUND FAMILIAR?????

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We left the building 30-45 minutes late on the days we skipped our PCMs. Saved the company a million bux that week, I’m sure.
All the while FedEx ground is delivering their first bulkstops to businesses( we are trying to get to switch to ups ) by 8:00–8:30.....bam, right there we have lost our competitive advantage....all we have is our service since usually we are more expensive.... or that’s what mgt keeps on spoon feeding us.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They said ours have to be less than one minute now.
Then go out to the belts and wait for preload to wrap or for cars to wiggle out of their spots 1 inch away from the next car??? Then the big traffic jam getting out of the front gates....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A delivery notice allowance is next.
Good.... let them micromanage themselves into oblivion.... I have my 401k and my possible pennies on the dollar pension liquidation fund.... they can’t take that away from me.... I will survive

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I mean, come on.... what company doesn’t buy tp and paper towels for the restroom???? Especially a company worth how many billions????? Seriously?? Maybe we should have had to negotiate for that....bathroom supplies???? Or would Taylor have :censored2:ed that up also????? Only 22.4’s get to have adequate bathroom facilities.....?????