Issued one day suspension issued, but never served

Holydriver

Why don't you stop with the call offs and work like the rest of us? You get paid vacations, personal days and holidays. How many more days off do you need? Find another job that gives you this many paid days off.....
Probably because FT hours are normal full time work week and about 90% of your PT hours

Holydriver

Huh? Please explain.
my bad. just sort of threw that up there. the PT guy said that the FT driver taking days off should work like the rest of us. i was just saying that the part time guy works what? 25 hours a week? where as the full time driver is working a full 40 plus 10 or more overtime hours. so the 90% was wrong, but a FT driver is working a full 40 plus an almost 50% of the hours a part timer works. those hours weigh down on a person and make them want to take time off, and do it often. and who knows? maybe the OP isnt getting 5 weeks off of vacation time. he could be a new driver and get only 1 or 2 weeks.

additionally, perhaps there are extenuating circumstances for the reason he has been missing work?

PT Car Washer

my bad. just sort of threw that up there. the PT guy said that the FT driver taking days off should work like the rest of us. i was just saying that the part time guy works what? 25 hours a week? where as the full time driver is working a full 40 plus 10 or more overtime hours. so the 90% was wrong, but a FT driver is working a full 40 plus an almost 50% of the hours a part timer works. those hours weigh down on a person and make them want to take time off, and do it often. and who knows? maybe the OP isnt getting 5 weeks off of vacation time. he could be a new driver and get only 1 or 2 weeks.

additionally, perhaps there are extenuating circumstances for the reason he has been missing work?
Most PT guys also work a second PT or FT job working 40 to 60 hours a week with no OT and travel time between jobs. Most PT guys would love to work just one FT job and all the OT.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Ups is not obligated to make you serve the suspension if they choose not to. If you grieved it and lost, you would be still subject to progressive discipline and therefore get the the 3 day suspension.

My thoughts are;

1. If your attendance policy, like where I am, is 5 occurrences in a 9 month rolling window, then either you just took your 6th occurrence or their calculations are wrong.

2. If you learned your lesson from not having a note from your Dr the first time, you should have known this time.

3. The next step is out the door. You need to learn and understand the policy where you are and abide by it.

22.34life

Why don't you stop with the call offs and work like the rest of us? You get paid vacations, personal days and holidays. How many more days off do you need? Find another job that gives you this many paid days off.....
Every other job out there let's you earn sick days but not us we have to convert a vacation week to get sick days and on top of that you can't roll any of them over.1 week vacation after 1 year,2 weeks after 2 years then not another one until I believe 10 years and on top of that 3 calendar years until you can choose option 3 for employees hired under this contract.

22.34life

If you never served your 1 day suspension then they can't suspend you for 3 days now.if it's really been 5 months then your steward or surly your ba should be able to get you off on the 3 day because the company took to long to get you to serve it

novadriver

A guy at my center calls out every monday, and sometimes on friday as well.. And the days he doesn't call out he trys to go home.. Hes a route burner so no one says a word to him..

PT Car Washer

Every other job out there let's you earn sick days but not us we have to convert a vacation week to get sick days and on top of that you can't roll any of them over.1 week vacation after 1 year,2 weeks after 2 years then not another one until I believe 10 years and on top of that 3 calendar years until you can choose option 3 for employees hired under this contract.
In my building we don't earn sick days. Don't come to work, don't get paid for the day.

If you never served your 1 day suspension then they can't suspend you for 3 days now.if it's really been 5 months then your steward or surly your ba should be able to get you off on the 3 day because the company took to long to get you to serve it
Thank you that is what I was looking for. We have already grieved it so I guess I will find out if its legit. I get it