Issues With Humana Dental?

Overpaid Union Thug

Is anyone else having issues with them? I'm not sure if it's really them or if our dentist's admin sucks. They keep cancelling our apoointments and telling us that's it's because Humana doesn't respond to their accreditation inquires. Or some crap like that. We aren't even new patients.

ManInBrown

I don't have Humana but I need Invasilign for some slight crowding on my lower teeth. My dentist said its technically cosmetic which isn't covered, but they can run it thru as orthodontic work. Zero coverage on Orthodontic work for anyone over the age of 26 was the response they got from my dental insurance. I then asked if that was standard operating procedure in there experience. Was told no it's not. Plenty of people have dental orthodontic coverage for adults they said. I'm pissed. What happened to our Cadillac bennys? And I'm not on TeamCare. I'm on the carveout

Box Ox

They were attempting to go through Humana when they should have been going through Central States! LOL. Central States told me it's a common mistake. Sheesh.

Think my dentist's office was briefly confused with that too when they called the provider # given on my card to verify coverage 10 minutes before my appointment. Sounded like the correct way was actually easier for them than the runaround they get from most peoples' providers.

Should be clearer when DOs see the benefit card. Humana is the listed insurance company with their website and number given but the claim mailing address is a Teamcare PO box in Des Plaines, IL. Lol.