It’s all leaking out now IBT leak

Overpaid Union Thug

The 22.3 driver proposal, as well as the idea about UPS having another company deliver the furniture that we've been getting on our trucks, is likely just your standard, cleverly timed, contract time fluff.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
It is starting to heat up. I have a showing on Friday morning and an open house on Saturday.
Probably asking too much, drop it down 25% you will have an offer tomorrow. It's not like your retiring anytime soon, oh wait sorry I forgot that you are retiring soon.

Delivered

Apparently we are not suppose to know anything they are negotiating. So they can surprise us with issues like this just before we vote.
They don't want the opposition to have time to create a campaign against the concessions. Too late for that many who networked during the last contract have stayed in touch especially with 2016 run of Teamsters United. Their grassroots efforts are plugged in and can have word spread to all the big buildings in a matter of hours

Coldworld

60 months and counting
At least its all out in the open and leaked. Thats one hell of a way to negotiate. I know its human nature to arm chair quarterback things, but this might not end out alright for the majority of UPSers.
Someone is trying to prove a point with leaking this....trying to light a fire under the rank and files asses???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Probably asking too much, drop it down 25% you will have an offer tomorrow. It's not like your retiring anytime soon, oh wait sorry I forgot that you are retiring soon.

Thanks but I will work with my realtor to set the asking price and what we are willing to take for the place.

I have the luxury of not having to sell. I will move whether this place sells or not. I will use part of my 401k rollover to pay off the approx. $10K mortgage balance if it does not sell by 7/1.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
They don't want the opposition to have time to create a campaign against the concessions. Too late for that many who networked during the last contract have stayed in touch especially with 2016 run of Teamsters United. Their grassroots efforts are plugged in and can have word spread to all the big buildings in a matter of hours

So it is the rank and file against both interests, does anybody really believe that the International and Corporate cares about the people they represent or employee. Just look at the evidence presented, the contracts past the "97", the total lack of appreciation for service and longevity from both. Again the "let them eat cake" mindset, the elite and status quo protecting their interests, after all our peanut size brains really cannot understand the real inner workings of contract negotiations.

It is not whether it will be a fair or good contract for the workers, the main course of action is to do whatever possible to get the thing pasted.

Just hoping that we are not only preaching to choir on BC and possibly the dialogue would influence our membership to start thinking for themselves and begin to understand the long term impact of this contract.

I just can't put my finger on how this is going to run, all of us are limited to our own small work areas and everybody is keeping very quiet till the actual details of the contract comes out. Still feel there is a lot of anger out there over what happened with the 2013 one, and angry people tend to vote. The (Supplements) will indicate the terms of this one, so if the contract is put out for vote, expect a major push from both sides to pass the Master and a repeat of the "It's your Money expect it Now" bonus situation to get the Supplements passed.