It Always Strikes Me As Odd...

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
...that people come to Brown Cafe to ask some questions that would be better off asked elsewhere. For instance:

Payroll issues

"I just received a termination letter because I [did this]. Will I get my job back?"

"I got into an accident. Will I lose my job?"

"Can somebody with more seniority bump me from my position?"

"I'm think I'm owed pension money. How do I get it?"

"Do we work tomorrow?" (when it's a holiday-- one of my favorites)

I mean, you found Brown Cafe, yet you don't know how to find your shop steward? Or the pension office? Or the health benefits trust? HR? The Master and Supplemental Contract Agreement?

*shrugs my shoulders and logs back out*

UPSER1987

...that people come to Brown Cafe to ask some questions that would be better off asked elsewhere. For instance:

Payroll issues

"I just received a termination letter because I [did this]. Will I get my job back?"

I mean, you found Brown Cafe, yet you don't know how to find your shop steward? Or the pension office? Or the health benefits trust? HR? The Master and Supplemental Contract Agreement?

I never see serious/informative responses to these sorts of questions. Mostly just stupid/ not funny memes.
Sheeple generally know the answers already, but seek validation from other sheeple.

Overpaid Union Thug

I first started coming here for answers to questions because the union and HR didn't or couldn't answer.
That, unfortunately, is very common. And sometimes people genuinely don’t know where to look and this forum always seems to pop up in Google searches. So that shows that people are making and attempt to find info online.

Having different rules for different regions doesn’t help either.
I never see serious/informative responses to these sorts of questions. Mostly just stupid/ not funny memes.
Sheeple generally know the answers already, but seek validation from other sheeple.
Very true.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

Payroll issues

Ok.

You are a bully and not nice.

Your post, along with a few others from time to time should be stickies for new people to read before being able to post.
I first started coming here for answers to questions because the union and HR didn't or couldn't answer.
Same.

I chose to use the search function as to not waste bandwidth with something that was probably answered already.
Damn you supe.

Dam you for saying something I kinda agree with.

Sob

oldngray

nowhere special
Ok.

You are a bully and not nice.

Your post, along with a few others from time to time should be stickies for new people to read before being able to post.

Same.

I chose to use the search function as to not waste bandwidth with something that was probably answered already.

Damn you supe.

Dam you for saying something I kinda agree with.

Sob
Questions usually get answered in the first few replies before the silliness starts. Unless it's a really stupid question.

542thruNthru

Usually people come on here because they are afraid to look dumb at work so they ask their question here or they didn't get the answer they wanted so they're shopping around.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Payroll issues

There is a lot of good information on Browncafe.
There are some very knowledgeable people.

Some posters ask stupid questions. I think the caliber of new upsers is decreasing. So that doesn’t help any.

I think if people make a genuine attempt to figure things out, and at least try a little before posting the same old question that has been asked a million times before, they generally get treated ok.

When people will not put in any effort at all, and expect you to do all the heavy lifting for them, I think it turns a lot of old timers off of giving them a hand up, knowledge wise.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
There is a lot of good information on Browncafe.
There are some very knowledgeable people.

Some posters ask stupid questions. I think the caliber of new upsers is decreasing. So that doesn’t help any.

I think if people make a genuine attempt to figure things out, and at least try a little before posting the same old question that has been asked a million times before, they generally get treated ok.

When people will not put in any effort at all, and expect you to do all the heavy lifting for them, I think it turns a lot of old timers off of giving them a hand up, knowledge wise.
Dam good post.

@BadIdeaGuy has good ass ideas