It has come to this...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't understand why there appears to be this hyper-focus on appeasing investors.
This company has existed for over 100 years. In that amount of time haven't they accumulated an adequate amount of capital to grow and operate? What's with the intense need for investors?
They think EVERY company will produce returns like these tech companies have.....just not going to happen...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What this is, is an act of fraud against shareholders.
There is no integrity in this.
It is the functional equivalent of paying your mortgage with a credit card in order to make it look like there is extra money in your checking account.
And on Monday morning when 80 cars are lined up to get the fuel that they could not get on Friday night, management will bitch and whine about AM time and late air.
Oh well.... shady af!!

upschuck

Only if there is no overall growth. Remember as a company we are still increasing in profits, especially on the international side of things. If we start tanking our profits, then yes, no matter how much we save, we're going to look worse.

It's a relative too. If we made 15 billion instead of 15.5 billion on a given quarter, I wouldn't be shaken up. But by God the wall street shareholders would go crazy.
But then the growth would look less than what it actually was. Just kicking the can down the road.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
friend Wall Street... to continue to go up,up,up is Unattainable....wall street have been so spoiled the last 10 years with tech companies huge gains that they expect every segment of the economy to follow suit.....every segment is different....maybe ups should put ads in their website and vehicles.... be like google.... Uber is going public and their company is suppose to be worth 100 billion after the ipo.... this is insane...
Uber profits are low, the decentralized network of personal vehicle drivers is not worth very much when they have to compete with other emerging decentralized personal vehicle services, as more industries try to exploit this model, the more each industry will hemorrhage their stock values.

I would tell people to make sure they invest in something unique, trademarked, local, something that cannot be reproduced easily as that kind of service will have long-term value.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
59E955AE-4205-4C81-8A5F-BB0373434BAB.jpeg

CentralSup

Most of this is coming now because this is the last week of 1st quarter. Next week April 1st is the start of 2nd quarter. They just want to kick the expenses to the start of 2nd quarter.

Not that I agree with it, just saying. It's all stupid.

oldngray

nowhere special
Most of this is coming now because this is the last week of 1st quarter. Next week April 1st is the start of 2nd quarter. They just want to kick the expenses to the start of 2nd quarter.

Not that I agree with it, just saying. It's all stupid.
So the 2nd quarter starts in a hole.

End of 2nd quarter expect the same stupidity to kick the can to the 3rd quarter.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Drivers are now being encouraged to bring empty milk jugs and lengths of garden hose from home so that they can scavenge for fuel out on route.