It has come to this...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
AFCA7105-7BDE-4E49-A0B0-FF66F6FCCFEB.jpeg
B3C2C94F-54D9-4F1C-B859-A1B24F477C49.jpeg
We can piss away a billion dollars on a useless ORION system but we are so desperate to retain the illusion of profitibility on the quarterly financial report that we cannot put fuel in the cars on Friday, and we screw our customers over by closing the Customer Counter 5 hours early and on Saturday.
UPS used to be a company you could take pride in working for.
Now its a joke.

upschuck

So, is management going to del SDWC's, and receive the drop offs? Would have a lot of pissed off customers, here.

What are normal hours?

CentralSup

Fiance departments are going crazy trying save every penny possible in order to try and maximize profits for 1st quarter. As if several billion dollars isn't enough. It's pretty ridiculous some of the initiatives and ideas that I've seen and heard.

upschuck

Fiance departments are going crazy trying save every penny possible in order to try and maximize profits for 1st quarter. As if several billion dollars isn't enough. It's pretty ridiculous some of the initiatives and ideas that I've seen and heard.
Next year, will they have to do more "cutting"?

CentralSup

Next year, will they have to do more "cutting"?
Usually they try to maximize profits 1st quarter, that way they don't look as bad as they do coming out of 4th quarter (peak).

2nd and 3rd quarters are usually a little more lax, but last year they still tried to squeeze everyone a bit more. If the trend continues, yeah, I could see next year being even tighter with what they want to cut.

upschuck

Usually they try to maximize profits 1st quarter, that way they don't look as bad as they do coming out of 4th quarter (peak).

2nd and 3rd quarters are usually a little more lax, but last year they still tried to squeeze everyone a bit more. If the trend continues, yeah, I could see next year being even tighter with what they want to cut.
But then next Q1 if they don't do more, then they look worse, and on, and on, and on.

CentralSup

But then next Q1 if they don't do more, then they look worse, and on, and on, and on.

Only if there is no overall growth. Remember as a company we are still increasing in profits, especially on the international side of things. If we start tanking our profits, then yes, no matter how much we save, we're going to look worse.

It's a relative too. If we made 15 billion instead of 15.5 billion on a given quarter, I wouldn't be shaken up. But by God the wall street shareholders would go crazy.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
UPS used to be a company you could take pride in working for. Now its a joke.

I have always said;

I could write a book about my experiences at UPS.

And, trying to deal with them from a Union perspective.

Average people wouldn't believe me.

Maybe (in addition to my retirement) I should start documenting my memories ?

It could pay off.

(Hint)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Only if there is no overall growth. Remember as a company we are still increasing in profits, especially on the international side of things. If we start tanking our profits, then yes, no matter how much we save, we're going to look worse.

It's a relative too. If we made 15 billion instead of 15.5 billion on a given quarter, I wouldn't be shaken up. But by God the wall street shareholders would go crazy.
friend Wall Street... to continue to go up,up,up is Unattainable....wall street have been so spoiled the last 10 years with tech companies huge gains that they expect every segment of the economy to follow suit.....every segment is different....maybe ups should put ads in their website and vehicles.... be like google.... Uber is going public and their company is suppose to be worth 100 billion after the ipo.... this is insane...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What this is, is an act of fraud against shareholders.
There is no integrity in this.
It is the functional equivalent of paying your mortgage with a credit card in order to make it look like there is extra money in your checking account.
And on Monday morning when 80 cars are lined up to get the fuel that they could not get on Friday night, management will bitch and whine about AM time and late air.

oldngray

nowhere special
From 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
The customer counter went to half days here years ago. And kept changing the hours so nobody knew when they would be open. The bean counters calculated there wasn't enough revenue coming in to justify keeping it open normal hours.

BiggieBrown

I don't understand why there appears to be this hyper-focus on appeasing investors.
This company has existed for over 100 years. In that amount of time haven't they accumulated an adequate amount of capital to grow and operate? What's with the intense need for investors?