It is impossible to get to all my pick-ups on time!

clean hairy

"say boss, instead of screaming at me about missing pickups, ride with me tomorrow, and demonstrate how to make all pickups within the timeframe allocated"
Problem now in Managments hands to resolve.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Speak to your on car and explain the situation and which pickups you are having issues with and ask them to adjust the pick up times on those pickups. They certainly should not have any issues adjusting times.

Z

ZQXC

I just call the afternoon oms lady, if I need a PU time adjusted.
Don't even have to get an on-car involved.

Next day, done. BOOM

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Man, times they are a changing. I had a semi rural route 30+ years ago. UPS wasn't so picky then. Some really low volumn pickups I had, I picked up on-area. If I got by there to deliver at 11am, I'd ask if they had any thing going out. Back then we also used "flags." A red square in the window meant to stop for pickup packages and a green one meant to keep on driving. At some time back then they made us stop at every pickup and pull a sheet from the customers' pickup book. It had a carbon copy that stayed in the book and each package shipped was handwritten. If nothing shipped that day, you still had to pull a sheet and put it in your folder, proving that you came by there and wrote a big 0 on the page and what time you went by there. If someone made you wait for a pickup, it was no big deal. Take a break and have a coke or sit in the A/C for a few minutes. I guess UPS would have a cow about doing that now. You as a driver can only do so much in a designated amount of time. You start trying to do the impossible and you will end up tearing something up or running over somebody. Why do you think Domino's pizza stopped guaranteeing delivery in 30 minutes or less? Let a supervisor know you need some relief from your pickups, and never ever falsify anything. It's too easy to be nabbed nowadays with technology. I'm glad I'm sitting at home watching Judge Judy nowadays. Ida gotten fired fer sure! lol.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Don't fudge anything. If you need to have the pickup log modified tell a sup. If they refuse for some reason tell them you'll do your best but expect your compliance to be crap. When i took over my route I totally revamped my pickups to make it more efficient and realistic.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I cannot believe that here, at the modern day UPS, that there are still drivers that fudge numbers.

You are begging to be fired when you do this. It's happened twice in my center in the last 13 months alone and both times the drivers lost their jobs.

jim_flint

Only thing I can do to make an 80% compliance is to fudge the numbers. Same thing I do to get off my unreasonable dailyl NDA dispatch.
Don't fudge your air either, they just redesigned telematics just to make sure they can catch any drivers doing that. Play it straight and make sure you tell your sup and dispatch every morning that you're over dispatched. If it's late it's late.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
36 pickups? Is your route industrial or shopping mall? Who has that many scheduled pickups...

Back when I was a split driver I knew a route that had just shy of 50.

Pickups started at 2:45, last one was at just shy of 6:00. No break in between, and you had to have that route completely delivered by 1:45 to have any chance in getting them to all fit.

I do not miss those days.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Had my ride along and we made some pickups early. This is the same boss that preaches pickup compliance. He said he's not worried about the rural routes.