It's going to be epic

JustDeliverIt

I'm so glad I bid inside this year. At my building, I saw 2 PVD's for about 2 weeks. They are no longer around. They are running our "peak village" in the parking lot, a couple trailers linked together with a belt down the middle they load about 40 routes out of. Have had it up for a month or so already. A parking lot of rental vans, have had those since May and I don't think we got rid of all of them when peak ended last year. They have been hiring a bunch of 22.4's but I think a lot of them were already PT cover drivers that got "promoted".

As with any day here, a few days are ok. Most drivers back around 6 with the last 15% coming back late. And then it seems most days where there isn't a truck rolling back before 7, some coming back around 10 when I'm going to lunch. If there is any type of additional stimulus checks and people are still preferring to shop online I don't think there is a chance they handle it.

The hub is getting slammed most days as well, July and August were crazy with all of the vacations. September has been much more manageable with staffing better but not complete. Still can't retain people since they sign up for a 4 hour a day PT job and they want 6 to 8 hours out of them. Go figure.

I'll keep working the 11+ hour days and not get rained on all fall and snowed on starting in November. Collect the cash while I can.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Many buildings are having issues finding enough package cars as well.

A few years ago, when there was an influx of new vehicles into our building, I had thought to myself that it would make too much sense for UPS to keep 10 or 12 old trucks that were in relatively good repair, remove the batteries and empty the gas tanks, drop the insurance, and bury them in the back of the yard somewhere out of the way. Then, when peak season rolled around, they could dust them off and insert them into the lineup.

We (currently) have 3 centers in my building. It is dropping down to 2 in 2 weeks. Ask the two remaining center managers if they could use an additional 5 or 6 package cars this peak. Ask them if they can use 5 or 6 additional package cars next week.

The way this company is run is why people who've been around for a while dont care anymore.

Its our job to expect the unexpected. Yet company management is blindsided at every turn.

Things i love about trailer parks.
White trash sluts
fSSakronqQIPaHgMmn.gif

JJinVA

Things i love about trailer parks.
White trash sluts

Its true. I got wasted at a trailer park when I was younger and all I remember was some white trash chic cramming her t**s in my mouth. Dont remember anything after that other than this itch that has been with me ever since. I just scratch it and keep it moving though

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Peak Season 2020:

1) Likely a new stimulus check around November

2) In store Black Friday sales are no longer. Instead retailers will do all black friday sales online and spread them out.

3) normal flu season starts along with COVID season where people are indoors more. People freak out at any case of the flu or sickness and they start shutdowns again.

4) almost all in store shopping is stopped and everything, absolutely everything is ordered online by everyone.

Bring on the $$ just in for my next progression. 70 hour works weeks. 10 hours a week at double time.

Glass half full

Don’t forget management’s plan of “we won’t be much heavier for peak” adding to the disaster.

JJinVA

Things i hate about trailer parks:
• speed bumps every 10ft
• weird organization of addresses
• kids
• slippery porches

Im lucky enough to be on a split route that has two trailer parks. Crammed full of illegals and white folk with a handful of black folk. 92% all have dogs and constantly order their dog food. Couldnt possibly be more excited about it...

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Things i hate about trailer parks:
• speed bumps every 10ft
• weird organization of addresses
• kids
• slippery porches
Certain ones in the city here the kids like to hide and sit on the back of the truck and ride it when you turn it on.

charm299

We have several rentals on property now, as does the FEg building. We have 1 hog barn on our building and all those slots are filled. I have no idea where they will put the volume for 12ish more routes in my building.
We had at least 7 rentals in our building on Wednesday and we only have 50 package cars.

DriverNerd

A few years ago, when there was an influx of new vehicles into our building, I had thought to myself that it would make too much sense for UPS to keep 10 or 12 old trucks that were in relatively good repair, remove the batteries and empty the gas tanks, drop the insurance, and bury them in the back of the yard somewhere out of the way. Then, when peak season rolled around, they could dust them off and insert them into the lineup.

I'm with you. I know they were junking them left and right because they couldn't get parts, but there were so many that just disappeared that were running perfectly (as well as a 30 year old truck with 600k miles could). Why get rid of perfectly usable trucks? It's not like they were going to have to drive them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Its true. I got wasted at a trailer park when I was younger and all I remember was some white trash chic cramming her t**s in my mouth. Dont remember anything after that other than this itch that has been with me ever since. I just scratch it and keep it moving though
We had a part time sup doing that to everyone at one of my house parties.