It's going to be epic

charm299

Personally I'm hoping it's a absolute epic disaster. Company has had a whole year to prepare for it. Staffing should have been a big focus and it wasn't.

The company is determined to do more with less just to keep profits soaring. I know of many driver's that plan on being on disability, FMLA or stress leave during peak because they refuse to be worked to death because of the companies refusal to do the right thing. To be honest I'm seriously thinking of being one of those driver's.

My buildings game plan:
Send out driver's with shelves 1-4

Attach a PVD to every driver.

Large rental truck shuttles to bring shelves 5-8 to each Driver later in the day.

A 9 hour planned day for each Driver.... (Yeah right!)

That is the whole plan.. I literally read it off the paper my center manager brought back after their big peak meeting.
I would love if that is the plan. I would rather they have enough truck and drivers. I hate going out with 500 packages jammed into a 800. I would rather shelves 1-4 and drive back to get the building and get the rest.

JJinVA

I would love if that is the plan. I would rather they have enough truck and drivers. I hate going out with 500 packages jammed into a 800. I would rather shelves 1-4 and drive back to get the building and get the rest.

I usually run my air first, then all my bulk stops, then all my businesses. After that if I have to run a few resi irregs just to get some floor space I do that. After all that I usually have a decent amount of room even with 45+ packages per shelf, and I will use the floor as a second shelf for whatever shelf Im working on. Ill take about 1/3 of the shelf and put it on the floor labels up so if I dont find it on the shelf after having organized it, I know it gotta be down low and can look straight down. I usually try to put all the bigger or heavier boxes down low

Its a pain for sure though.

charm299

I usually run my air first, then all my bulk stops, then all my businesses. After that if I have to run a few resi irregs just to get some floor space I do that. After all that I usually have a decent amount of room even with 45+ packages per shelf, and I will use the floor as a second shelf for whatever shelf Im working on. Ill take about 1/3 of the shelf and put it on the floor labels up so if I dont find it on the shelf after having organized it, I know it gotta be down low and can look straight down. I usually try to put all the bigger or heavier boxes down low

Its a pain for sure though.
I didn’t have businesses last year, I had a 300 stop resi route, didn’t have many bulk stops.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Can somebody explain to me why there is a shortage of package cars? I was told we finally have enough people to handle the volume we're getting but now just don't have enough trucks. They're having a hard time convincing budget to rent them all of their trucks.
Runner-Gunners taking out houses left and right.
oie_animation-6.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He's just trying to make money. Not his fault if the contract (that not enough union members voted on) and management allows it, especially if no one is filing.
It was a joke. But as terrible as this last contract was literally not even proposing anything on PVD why their limits or elimination is probably the biggest IBT fail yet.