It's Time To VOTE On The Contract!

Do you vote to ratify the current proposed contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why can't a FT driver bid on a FT combo job? They usually have first pick at my building. FT within the classification, FT outside the classification, PT.
If a pkg driver goes to feeder do they get to keep their seniority and dovetail in... in your neck of the woods???

PT Car Washer

If a pkg driver goes to feeder do they get to keep their seniority and dovetail in... in your neck of the woods???
Oh yes. Piss off the the off the street guys who were just starting to gain some seniority to bid a decent run. We just had 6 package car drivers go into Feeders in the last 6 months. 4 of them in the last 3 months.

You and I both are in the western conference pension plan and California, Oregon and Washington have some of the highest pension contributions in the west and probably the nation so if we get a bump in what they already put in it will be phenomenal.... but we’ll have to wait and see....
Contributions should be increased every year. A .50 increase equals and extra 12.50 a month.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm sick of the 400 contract threads we currently have (so I'll make another).
We're gonna vote RIGHT NOW. I happen to KNOW that Mr Hoffa and Denis T read BrownCafe every day, so let's let them know if the contract will fly!
Based on what you know right now, vote Yes or No.
June 23, 2018
If they do read this...Hey Jr, what would Daddy do? I dont think he would cave like a schoolgirl?
jimmy_h.jpg

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
This. I don’t see myself voting “yes” to any two-tier driver pay system. It’d be a sellout of future workers, a source of resentment among current hourly workers and a painting of a target on the backs of higher rate drivers that there’d be no going back from.
These are combo drivers. Part time hub rat and part time ground goon. Just like being an air driver, no p/u’s, OCA’s, limited business deliveries. Hell, what if all they delivered was bulk? They ain’t taking anyone’s work away, but without them you’ll all learn what a regular workday on Sunday feels like.

purehavanne

Just on principle I can’t vote yes on the first contract. When a salesman tells you the price on a job you need done, do you just hand over the doe? No! You try to get a deal!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm sick of the 400 contract threads we currently have (so I'll make another).
We're gonna vote RIGHT NOW. I happen to KNOW that Mr Hoffa and Denis T read BrownCafe every day, so let's let them know if the contract will fly!
Based on what you know right now, vote Yes or No.
June 23, 2018
how many UPS Teamsters are there? 285,000?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
These are combo drivers. Part time hub rat and part time ground goon. Just like being an air driver, no p/u’s, OCA’s, limited business deliveries. Hell, what if all they delivered was bulk? They ain’t taking anyone’s work away, but without them you’ll all learn what a regular workday on Sunday feels like.
I have never worked a Saturday. Why would I do Sunday?