It's Time To VOTE On The Contract!

Do you vote to ratify the current proposed contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

panther

This. I don’t see myself voting “yes” to any two-tier driver pay system. It’d be a sellout of future workers, a source of resentment among current hourly workers and a painting of a target on the backs of higher rate drivers that there’d be no going back from.
I couldnt have said it any better. Spot on.

Heavy Package

Who didn't send the memo to Denis and Hoffa that the contract this year was to be about two things:

1. For PT- Wage increases
2. For PT and FT - Better working conditions

Punk Rock

What site is this from Rudy??
When a Federal corporate tax cut goes through there are supposed to be three beneficiaries. The owner (share holders), the employees and the customers. UPS raised its dividend 10% almost immediately and will doubtless keep raising it every year for the foreseeable future. The money promised employees in this agreement is terrible. I want my 10% raise this year and then we talk the other four.

Punk Rock

When a Federal corporate tax cut goes through there are supposed to be three beneficiaries. The owner (share holders), the employees and the customers. UPS raised its dividend 10% almost immediately and will doubtless keep raising it every year for the foreseeable future. The money promised employees in this agreement is terrible. I want my 10% raise this year and then we talk the other four.
I think the Teamsters totally sold us out on this one. The Teamsters are looking at automated warehouses replacing Teamsters and Robo Truck Drivers of the future replacing Teamsters and it dawned on them that if they struck as low wage deal as they could possibly get away with with UPS - then at least the Teamsters would have a flood of new low paid - but dues paying - humans getting hired. This new contract is for UPS and the Teamsters - but definently not us.

Punk Rock

I think the Teamsters totally sold us out on this one. The Teamsters are looking at automated warehouses replacing Teamsters and Robo Truck Drivers of the future replacing Teamsters and it dawned on them that if they struck as low wage deal as they could possibly get away with with UPS - then at least the Teamsters would have a flood of new low paid - but dues paying - humans getting hired. This new contract is for UPS and the Teamsters - but definently not us.
I don't want to strike. I want a 10% raise this year. In New York City the Teamsters are bragging about how much they're raising starting pay. First of all new hires aren't voting on this contract - and second - the new starting pay is gonna be New York State's minimum wage next year. Whatta bunch of negotiators we got! And yet I think they make more than me - hmnn ...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree... just wanted to know what site that his came from...

Days

I don't want to strike. I want a 10% raise this year. In New York City the Teamsters are bragging about how much they're raising starting pay. First of all new hires aren't voting on this contract - and second - the new starting pay is gonna be New York State's minimum wage next year. Whatta bunch of negotiators we got! And yet I think they make more than me - hmnn ...

Agreee. So true. The mainstream media makes it seem like we're getting the best contract too.

Observer

Why does Indecision always put strike strike strike - doesn't he have an opinion? If he can't write anything other than Strike Strike Strike - he shouldn't be allowed to voice concerns about this upcoming contract. Perhaps another moderator with an opinion would be better.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why does Indecision always put strike strike strike - doesn't he have an opinion? If he can't write anything other than Strike Strike Strike - he shouldn't be allowed to voice concerns about this upcoming contract. Perhaps another moderator with an opinion would be better.

Sorry pal he’s the best Mod around