Jamie Flemingsssss is out spreading more lies

siouxman

siouxman
By paying attention to social media; more are able to wisely choose to vote no because of the facts presented. Hoffa/Taylor and UPS are both deceptive and not forthright regarding substantial changes in working conditions and wages. Here is the same question (NOT) answered by both UPS and the Teamsters. Their refusal to answer this simple straight forward question is more than enough reason to vote no.

From UPSers.com

Q: Will additions like the new combo driver job take over overtime from those who want it?
A: Under the tentative agreement, the union will now control the overtime (9.5) list. There will be two five-month periods each year during which drivers can
add their names to the list through the union. Drivers will also have the right to add or remove their names from the list at any time with one week’s notice to
UPS.
The company realizes many drivers welcome the opportunity for overtime and the additional income it provides them and their families. Less than 10
percent of drivers have opted out of overtime.
Also, keep in mind, the number of new combo driver will be capped at 25 percent of the number of protected jobs in a building (so if there are 100 regular
package car driver positions in a facility, there can only be up to 25 of the 22.4 combo position).

WHO CARES IF THE UNION CONTROLS THE 9.5 LIST AND WHO CARES THAT THE COMPANY REALIZES MANY DRIVERS WANT OT? ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION. PUT OUR RIGHTS TO OT IN THE LANGUAGE OF THE CBA.

From Hoffa/Taylor/UPSrising

Q: I’m a package car driver. Will the new 22.4 jobs reduce my chances of getting overtime if I choose to work overtime?
A: For package car drivers who enjoy as much overtime as possible, does the union believe that we will continue to be able to work all the overtime we have been able to work under the current contract? Right now there are lower-paid employees delivering packages on a daily basis alongside regular package car drivers (RPCD); they are called various names: regular temporary drivers, utility, cover, etc. These are part-time employees doing delivery; in many areas every day, all year long, with part-time pension and benefits. In addition, there are many areas currently operating Tuesday through Saturday ground delivery (at straight time) as allowed in the supplements. Despite this fact, daily overtime for RPCDs still exists and will always be a part of the package driver job. 22.4 combination drivers will help relieve the excessive, unwanted overtime.

THIS IS NOT AN ANSWER. TAYLOR REFUSES TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION. LANGUAGE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDED PROTECTING EXISTING PACKAGE CAR DRIVERS RIGHTS TO ALL AVAILABLE OT.

THE UNION AND UPS CAN NOT EVEN TRUTHFULLY ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION. FLEMMING REFUSES TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION ALSO.

VOTE NO ON THIS POS. WHEN YOU HAVE PURPOSEFUL MISINFORMATION FROM BOTH UPS AND TAYLOR; IT HAS TO BE A NO VOTE. THE RIGHT TO OT QUESTIONS PRESENTED ARE ADDRESSING MAJOR CHANGES IN WORKING CONDITIONS AND WAGES. THIS IS WHERE UPS AND HOFFA/TAYLOR COULD BE FOUND TO HAVE BARGAINED IN BAD FAITH AND THE TEAMSTERS COULD BE FOUND TO HAVE NOT FULFILLED THEIR DUTY OF FAIR REPRESENTATION IN CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS.
The hard part is deciding what is fact and what is fiction.People tend to believe things on social media without doing some fact finding. social media can be the best and worst friend.

siouxman

siouxman
When a person is attacked personally over their position it throws up a red flag for me.the attacks are common on this sight and I dont put much stock in someone's thoughts that dont argue the facts. I enjoy reading options that are different then mine and try understand their postion

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
By paying attention to social media; more are able to wisely choose to vote no because of the facts presented. Hoffa/Taylor and UPS are both deceptive and not forthright regarding substantial changes in working conditions and wages. Here is the same question (NOT) answered by both UPS and the Teamsters. Their refusal to answer this simple straight forward question is more than enough reason to vote no.

From UPSers.com

Q: Will additions like the new combo driver job take over overtime from those who want it?
A: Under the tentative agreement, the union will now control the overtime (9.5) list. There will be two five-month periods each year during which drivers can
add their names to the list through the union. Drivers will also have the right to add or remove their names from the list at any time with one week’s notice to
UPS.
The company realizes many drivers welcome the opportunity for overtime and the additional income it provides them and their families. Less than 10
percent of drivers have opted out of overtime.
Also, keep in mind, the number of new combo driver will be capped at 25 percent of the number of protected jobs in a building (so if there are 100 regular
package car driver positions in a facility, there can only be up to 25 of the 22.4 combo position).

WHO CARES IF THE UNION CONTROLS THE 9.5 LIST AND WHO CARES THAT THE COMPANY REALIZES MANY DRIVERS WANT OT? ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION. PUT OUR RIGHTS TO OT IN THE LANGUAGE OF THE CBA.

From Hoffa/Taylor/UPSrising

Q: I’m a package car driver. Will the new 22.4 jobs reduce my chances of getting overtime if I choose to work overtime?
A: For package car drivers who enjoy as much overtime as possible, does the union believe that we will continue to be able to work all the overtime we have been able to work under the current contract? Right now there are lower-paid employees delivering packages on a daily basis alongside regular package car drivers (RPCD); they are called various names: regular temporary drivers, utility, cover, etc. These are part-time employees doing delivery; in many areas every day, all year long, with part-time pension and benefits. In addition, there are many areas currently operating Tuesday through Saturday ground delivery (at straight time) as allowed in the supplements. Despite this fact, daily overtime for RPCDs still exists and will always be a part of the package driver job. 22.4 combination drivers will help relieve the excessive, unwanted overtime.

THIS IS NOT AN ANSWER. TAYLOR REFUSES TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION. LANGUAGE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDED PROTECTING EXISTING PACKAGE CAR DRIVERS RIGHTS TO ALL AVAILABLE OT.

THE UNION AND UPS CAN NOT EVEN TRUTHFULLY ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION. FLEMMING REFUSES TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION ALSO.

VOTE NO ON THIS POS. WHEN YOU HAVE PURPOSEFUL MISINFORMATION FROM BOTH UPS AND TAYLOR; IT HAS TO BE A NO VOTE. THE RIGHT TO OT QUESTIONS PRESENTED ARE ADDRESSING MAJOR CHANGES IN WORKING CONDITIONS AND WAGES. THIS IS WHERE UPS AND HOFFA/TAYLOR COULD BE FOUND TO HAVE BARGAINED IN BAD FAITH AND THE TEAMSTERS COULD BE FOUND TO HAVE NOT FULFILLED THEIR DUTY OF FAIR REPRESENTATION IN CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS.
MAD CAPS YO!

browned out

The hard part is deciding what is fact and what is fiction.People tend to believe things on social media without doing some fact finding. social media can be the best and worst friend.

Here is how the UPS Wage Impact page answered the question regarding Overtime Rights and how the OT will be awarded or forced. Still...NO ANSWER..... The Teamsters, UPS and now the UPS Wage Impact questions page all refuse to answer questions that each and every one of them know the answers to. What are the rights to OT? Will OT be offered on a voluntary basis? Will OT be offered to RPCDs first, then OT offered to 22.4s and if needs are not met forced in reverse?

Here is what I asked and their response. The Union, UPS and now the UPS Contract Impact Site continue to refuse to be forthright regarding OT.

My Questions:
How will overtime be awarded? Will RPCDs have the 1st right to all OT? Will OT be offered to RPCDs 1st and then offer OT to 22.4s? And force in reverse?

The Contract Impact Statement FAQ Answers:
The My Contract Impact Statement tool is designed to show you how the proposed National Master Agreement affects you and your family financially. Your question does not pertain to the My Contract Impact Statement tool. It can best be answered by viewing the proposed agreement.

So my questions do not have anything to do with how losing $25000 or so of OT per year affects my family and I financially??? WTF ...... Can someone; anyone find the answers to my questions in the proposed agreement?

Vacation

@ browned out

Centers are moving to an 8.4 hour day. It will be a wonderful thing. When it comes to your center all but a small amount of OT is gone.

browned out

@ browned out

Centers are moving to an 8.4 hour day. It will be a wonderful thing. When it comes to your center all but a small amount of OT is gone.

I am fine with that. UPS does not have to offer any OT to anyone. But; in the event OT does exist; there should be concrete, clear cut & not open to interpretation language in the contract detailing what the rights are to any future OT. That language does not exist. So; UPS will dispatch any OT as they see fit. Seniority means nothing; RPCD have no right to OT and the vast majority of any future OT can be awarded to 22.4s.

Vacation

Totally agree and every few years UPS says no OT and it lasts 3 weeks or less. Let’s hope this one lasts. I would even skip the .75 cent raise in the first year of this new contract if they would just say that the 8.4 hour day is permanent.

Mooseknuckle

This language is also a necessity. No RPCD will be laid off any day in a week a 22.4 works regardless of what day the 22.4 works.
I.e. 22.4s will never be working Mondays so under that language RPCDs could and will be laid off in greater numbers. Taylor stating there will be no change is an outright lie. UPS manipulating the volume should not be used to lay off RPCDs.

Also, In our area the language states that no full time driver will be laid off if there is a cover driver working in the local. Now it just says if a 22.4 is working in the building. Mondays will get worse.
They have been loading sure post packages into trailers for at least one day (maybe more) if there is another package going to the same address (or neighbor) the next day. Delivering them together. A good thing but, they can use this to divert volume anyway they want.

542thruNthru

Also, In our area the language states that no full time driver will be laid off if there is a cover driver working in the local. Now it just says if a 22.4 is working in the building. Mondays will get worse.
They have been loading sure post packages into trailers for at least one day (maybe more) if there is another package going to the same address (or neighbor) the next day. Delivering them together. A good thing but, they can use this to divert volume anyway they want.

No regular FT drive can be layed off Monday though in our local. I agree Mondays will be bad but they will have to work RPCDs 8 hours if requested.