July 10th contract teleforum call

542thruNthru

These calls are always biased, for whoever is sponsoring them, that's why I like to listen to them all.

If you possess the ability to lay one over top the other, the facts usually rise to the top.

I just listen for the off chance they prove me wrong. I know the actual info will show it's self later and it usually tells a different story.

John Boy

Will more than likely be a recording. Would be extremely easy for them to set up a live stream on Twitch or something of that sort. But like someone already mentioned it seems like they're just trying to keep people in the dark. A lot of people still shoving boxes out of their truck or trying to get cleaned up/ eat dinner at the times posted. Maybe its at those times so the PTers can catch it before going to bed for preload. Seems like the majority of it is directly affecting them.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Will more than likely be a recording. Would be extremely easy for them to set up a live stream on Twitch or something of that sort. But like someone already mentioned it seems like they're just trying to keep people in the dark. A lot of people still shoving boxes out of their truck or trying to get cleaned up/ eat dinner at the times posted. Maybe its at those times so the PTers can catch it before going to bed for preload. Seems like the majority of it is directly affecting them.
If they set up a twitch livestream, you would know they were trying to target part timers as a demographics, lol.

Anyways I am just hoping the actual tentative agreement bubbles up tomorrow.

F

Frankie's Friend

I would think is you looked around a little you could find them. I believe there are 8 or so. Do I want to list them here, nope. This place has run its course.
I say:bsbullf:.
Your only here to buffer the outcry.
Please list the information you've provided all along without suppositions.

This place? You came here on a mission and now this place has run it's course.
Ok.
This place is full of members of the Teamsters Union that actually want the best for their coworkers and expect the best from negotiators that are negotiating with a company that still nets 5-6 billion after they spend the other 4-5 billion to reduce our memberships employment here.

No one is fooled and the "you're going to be happy" or the "there is something for everyone" mantra is answering or informing?

:kickedoutsmile:See ya.

John Boy

If they set up a twitch livestream, you would know they were trying to target part timers as a demographics, lol.

Anyways I am just hoping the actual tentative agreement bubbles up tomorrow.
I see what you're saying but it wouldn't be hard to let everyone know to tune into this website (Twitch) for a livestream of the conference and people can still ask questions. Doesn't necessarily have to be Twitch. Just something along the lines of that would be better than these non informal conference calls

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
My supplement update was a live call from Sean. He fielded a bunch of questions from members after the call. I know they weren’t a recording because I was one of the questions.

John Boy

One of the few BA's around that go above and beyond. Can't say the same about my local. Head steward in the center managers back pocket. Guy works one maybe two days a week MAX.

TheFigurehead

Some employees said that he told them the supplement was settled.

The sheer arrogance of the IBT is astounding this time around. Are we sure we still even get to vote on this? It seems as far as UPS and the Teamsters are concerned, it's a done deal. I'm surprised they don't have 22.4's on the road delivering packages already.

John Boy

The sheer arrogance of the IBT is astounding this time around. Are we sure we still even get to vote on this? It seems as far as UPS and the Teamsters are concerned, it's a done deal. I'm surprised they don't have 22.4's on the road delivering packages already.
Either betting on the PTers to vote a get a bonus or betting that not enough people vote and it gets pushed through.

browned out

My supplement update was a live call from Sean. He fielded a bunch of questions from members after the call. I know they weren’t a recording because I was one of the questions.

Did anyone ask Sean about current Full Time Package Car Drivers' rights to OT and extra work? We have 60+ drivers in our center and ZERO (0) are on the 9.5 list. We have drivers volunteering for Saturday work every single week. Most Full Time Drivers do not mind some OT. Can a FT driver be forced off the clock at 40 hours while a 22.4 works 60 or 70 hours? Was any of the supplement language superior to what has been selectively released by the IBT?

john chesney

We get to vote however we won’t know what the contract says. It will be released after the results of the vote

542thruNthru

Im curious. Did Sean mention if he supports this contract? Was he pushing for a Yes vote?

John Boy

Haven't heard a peep from our BA or Head steward about anything. Everyone comes to me about what little information I've read about the contract from @Tony Q and other "leaks"

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Their won't be any more 22.3 jobs. They will be replaced by 22.4 jobs. Big win for the company. Pay them a little more than 22.3 jobs and they can do ground along with the air at a lower rate.

friend* you Dennis.
I remember it took ups almost 3 years to even create a 22.3 job....they dragged their feet here ....

John Boy

I don't see how they can not allow drivers to take some of the work off of Hybrids if they aren't on the 9.5 list. Granted you are only guaranteed 8 hours as FT driver but the same goes for Hybrids. Anything over 8 should be considered "extra work" and bid out in seniority order?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Did anyone ask Sean about current Full Time Package Car Drivers' rights to OT and extra work? We have 60+ drivers in our center and ZERO (0) are on the 9.5 list. We have drivers volunteering for Saturday work every single week. Most Full Time Drivers do not mind some OT. Can a FT driver be forced off the clock at 40 hours while a 22.4 works 60 or 70 hours? Was any of the supplement language superior to what has been selectively released by the IBT?
At the time of the call, there were no specifics on the 22.4s or the 9.5 language in the master. We are having another call where he said they would have time to dissect the language.