July 10th contract teleforum call

Skooney

Hypothetical questions.... are just that.

Kind of redundant.

If you want the overtime, don't sign the 9.5 list.

To many people are "overthinking" this situation.

-Bug-
And do you think the company is going to give me the overtime when they can pay someone a lot less??

Drivers that showed up to our meetings, all complained about excessive OT. That’s what they asked for, now you have a solution to it. What more do you want?

Would it be okay if they hired 25% more drivers in every center to take away your overtime instead of these 22.4’s?

Hmmm.. interesting question.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Drivers that showed up to our meetings, all complained about excessive OT. That’s what they asked for, now you have a solution to it. What more do you want?

Would it be okay if they hired 25% more drivers in every center to take away your overtime instead of these 22.4’s?

That would be fine

If they made the same hourly wage

I'm here to work. Show me the money. Once I go over 8 hours my day is already shot. So just pay me.

Skooney

I'm here to work. Show me the money. Once I go over 8 hours my day is already shot. So just pay me.

And I have no issue with anyone getting paid, I’m just asking you a question.

Skooney

That would be fine

If they made the same hourly wage

Perhaps you’re like me, and don’t want the OT, I agree completely with you.

Skooney

And I have no issue with anyone getting paid, I’m just asking you a question.
Do you think they will gives us top rate drivers the over time we want when they can pay a 22.4 $9 an hour less in overtime?

Probably not.

Excessive overtime was a major complaint. They gave you a solution to that. 22.4’s are a joke, IMO. But your issue seems to be less about the 22.4’s and more about you losing overtime.

Probably not.

Excessive overtime was a major complaint. They gave you a solution to that. 22.4’s are a joke, IMO. But your issue seems to be less about the 22.4’s and more about you losing overtime.
And our future generation making a lot less than we do now. Go ahead and vote it in. I'm not staying here too much longer. Go make less money a decade from now. Not my problem, it's yours. Hope you enjoy it.

Skooney

Probably not.

And our future generation making a lot less than we do now. Go ahead and vote it in. I'm not staying here too much longer. Go make less money a decade from now. Not my problem, it's yours. Hope you enjoy it.

Got news for you, it ain’t my problem either. 4 1/2 years, and you can find me in a river fishing every day.

Secondly, no one said vote it in. I simply asked you a question. See how simple that was?

Got news for you, it ain’t my problem either. 4 1/2 years, and you can find me in a river fishing every day.

Secondly, no one said vote it in. I simply asked you a question. See how simple that was?
And I gave you my answer. 22.4 jobs are the beginning of the end. Unfortunately it will more than likely get voted in.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Probably not.

It's a major concession to the Company, that once again sells out the "unborn".
Had previous generations had the attitude this union has adopted over the last 20 years, we wouldn't have what we have today.
It's time to wake up and pay it forward, like those before us did.
Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Skooney

Probably not.

It's a major concession to the Company, that once again sells out the "unborn".
Had previous generations had the attitude this union has adopted over the last 20 years, we wouldn't have what we have today.
It's time to wake up and pay it forward, like those before us did.
Why is that so hard to comprehend?

It isn’t.

And I agree.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And O'Brien was extremely motivated to get us a good TA because he wanted to be GP, even if he wasn't "officially" running for it.

Instead we got a second rate contract with one of the worst concessions in recent memory.
What's amazing is the massive concession and what in return?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hypothetical questions.... are just that.

Kind of redundant.

If you want the overtime, don't sign the 9.5 list.

To many people are "overthinking" this situation.

-Bug-
Isn't the whole process of negotiating and ratifying a collective bargaining agreement "an exercise in the hypothetical"....or at least shouldn't it be???

There is nothing wrong or "redundant" about anybody involved using an analogy, or "hypothetical scenario" to illustrate how contract language effects each bargaining unit employees, past, present,....and yes the "unborn".

In the end, give me redundancy over shortsighted, incomplete, and unbalanced thought for this contract or any that follows.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I agree, "Dennis'" OT will likely be cut back. The problem is that i hear a lot more employees fed up with the OT and long hours than employees that are begging for more hours at the PCM every morning. For many people the excessive overtime issue and more time with family was number one on the list for them so how do you make everyone happy. This solution, if implemented in an agreeable way, seems address the issues of the majority.
I suspect that if you look closer at the PCM, you'll notice that the ones bitching are the same ones who have already groomed their load, sorted their air, signed off on call tags, got EDD, whined off a split through the PDS, and is generally a sweaty mess.

The ones you don't hear from are the ones who take it as it comes, and subsequently "to the bank".
These drivers are negotiating their first task of the day by attending the PCM and have no worries, because they welcome the OT or found the stones to opt-in to the 9.5 list.