July 10th contract teleforum call

Tony Q

Yet the people they haven’t done the job in 25 years or EVER in some cases somehow are the end all knowledge base? If I want to know how to clean a toilet, I’ll call a porter. If I want to know about an engine, I’ll call a mechanic. If I want to know about delivering, I’ll call a guy that drove 25 years ago?? Nahhhh.
Sean never did the job and he worked in the movies for a short period of time. Sure using your logic you are detracting from your brother. You do see this don't you? And before you try and say this is not the case, save it because it is reality.

Tony Q

No 11: 22.4's positions will also be counted with 22.3's to fulfill the agreement in creating more full time opportunities under this contract. Will all these newly created jobs be under the classification of 22.4. Are the 22.3's inside positions also protected from morphing into 22.4?

I see that the only ones who would be interested in these jobs will be lower seniority part timers and applicants off the the street.
All 23,500 or so 22.3 jobs created since 1997 will be protected and shall not count toward any other classifications. The 22.4 positions will be filled with only part-time or full-time UPSers. They do not count as far as the 6 to 1 ratio. The only way an off the street hire can get one of these jobs is if it is not bid meaning nobody wanted it.

Tony Q

I believe in article 40 of the current contract it states the company can't make employees sit and wait off the clock. Now they want to do away with that too?!
Article 40 jobs can has as much as a 2 hour gap. There are existing 22.3 jobs with an hour and 1.5 hour gap. If the work is available you can combat these gaps.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It is a different classification.

Driving is Driving..They would all be road trained.
All 23,500 or so 22.3 jobs created since 1997 will be protected and shall not count toward any other classifications. The 22.4 positions will be filled with only part-time or full-time UPSers. They do not count as far as the 6 to 1 ratio. The only way an off the street hire can get one of these jobs is if it is not bid meaning nobody wanted it.

Would anybody with seniority really want that kind of job? Great opportunity for a low wage part timer I give you that, but most driving and inside workers are content with what they are doing. That shift work, weekend requirement and flexible start times sure doesn't seems appealing. Too many unknowns.

Tony Q

Would anybody with seniority really want that kind of job? Great opportunity for a low wage part timer I give you that, but most driving and inside workers are content with what they are doing. That shift work, weekend requirement and flexible start times sure doesn't seems appealing. Too many unknowns.
I thought the same thing when they introduces the 22.3 positions, until I watched package car and feeder drivers jump at the chance to take a pay cut and work odd hours, with little to no pressure.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

If it's something like 4am to 1pm, or 12-9pm, sign me up. I'm top rate driver or 22.3, but just saying, those aren't bad hours at all.

cachmeifucan

Well if it involves driving that won't help people waiting on more 22.3 jobs because they have already had the chance to go driving so why would they go driving after waiting 15 years at less pay it's for the new guys no 22.3 will transfer people will stay in the classification they are in who changes that only package to feeder around here. So you think package car guys will take the jobs or feeder nobody but the new guys will be in the jobs eventually

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Sean never did the job and he worked in the movies for a short period of time. Sure using your logic you are detracting from your brother. You do see this don't you? And before you try and say this is not the case, save it because it is reality.
Yet I would take him over Dennis Taylor any day

Tony Q

Yet I would take him over Dennis Taylor any day
Thats because Sean is what you know. He is what you have always seen. Sean is great and all but he has never worked a minute at UPS. He was brought up through the good old boys club and thats that. Denis worked at UPS. He has the resume. I'm not saying Sean isn't a good Teamster, but you made a comment about guys not working at UPS in over 25 years and Sean has 27 years in with the Teamsters and never even a millisecond at UPS.

wide load

Thats because Sean is what you know. He is what you have always seen. Sean is great and all but he has never worked a minute at UPS. He was brought up through the good old boys club and thats that. Denis worked at UPS. He has the resume. I'm not saying Sean isn't a good Teamster, but you made a comment about guys not working at UPS in over 25 years and Sean has 27 years in with the Teamsters and never even a millisecond at UPS.
My mistake. I didn’t recognize Denis’s name on the VP list. Ohhhh that’s right. Maybe all the arbitration’s?

wide load

I'm not even remotely following you here.
Cuz your boy (who has no idea was led to the slaughter) is done. You can back him but Hoffa is putting someone else up for the top spot. The funny thing about the Teamsters is, just when you think YOU’RE THE GUY, YOU AINT THE GUY!

542thruNthru

Did you ever notice how you frequently tend to be alone with your thoughts?

So that’s a yes, strictly political.

Ignore him. He isn't concerned about the future. He's only concerned that he's transferred some many times he's considered a new hire in UPS's eyes. He wants this contract to pass no matter what because any hang ups may mean his job.

He's already made that clear from the beginning with his "I'll have to find a new job then." If we strike.

Tony Q

Cuz your boy (who has no idea was led to the slaughter) is done. You can back him but Hoffa is putting someone else up for the top spot. The funny thing about the Teamsters is, just when you think YOU’RE THE GUY, YOU AINT THE GUY!
First, you don't have to yell at me. Second he ain't my boy. I ain't got no boys and I ain't nobody boy. The Teamsters is a dirty game. Third, Denis isn't looking to be the number two guy or anything of the sort. He is an IBT Trustee which is compensated the same as Sean is as an IBT Vice President. I believe Denis will retire sometime in the next couple years, so he has nothing to lose. Your guy is still a very young man. He has a lot to gain and lose. For all we know he could end up kicked out of the Teamsters for life in the next three years. You just never know. Remember, stay classy.