Juneteenth is now a federal holiday !!!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I don’t have any control over the government. Yeah of course I can vote, but what’s being done? We have a stupid party system that can’t get anything done. Why this country is a mess
It’s mainly the scumbags on the left causing this. Although plenty on the right suck too.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
People identified more with their own state back then. Different era that the twits today can’t understand, because they are largely ignorant of history.
Not only identified, knew their rights.
Lincoln's invasion was about power, money, and federal control.
What led to war was Lincoln’s denial of the right of secession. The federal government was not self-constituted, it was constituted by the States and they created it to be their agent, not their lord and master to order them around. As far as slavery goes, it was sanctioned in the Constitution and is referred to no less than four times.
Why was it necessary to kill people over an institution that is codified in the Constitution?

vantexan

Not only identified, knew their rights.
Lincoln's invasion was about power, money, and federal control.
What led to war was Lincoln’s denial of the right of secession. The federal government was not self-constituted, it was constituted by the States and they created it to be their agent, not their lord and master to order them around. As far as slavery goes, it was sanctioned in the Constitution and is referred to no less than four times.
Why was it necessary to kill people over an institution that is codified in the Constitution?
I think the Articles of Confederation were more about the states working loosely together and when that wasn't working well they came up with the Constitution. It is a federal system with the ultimate power resting in the central government on all powers enumerated in the Constitution. Those not enumerated belong to the States. Thus the States can have an emergency defense force but the real military belongs to the central government. The states can't issue money. The states don't control the perimeter borders of the country. There has to be a recognition of what belongs to the federal government, and thus all the people, and what belongs to a specific state. And be respected. You are a resident of the state you live in but a citizen of all the states. There's nothing wrong with a federal system as outlined in the Constitution. Just the abuse of power and willfully ignoring the Constitution. The border security issue is a prime example of that.