Just curious. Are there cameras watching loaders and unloaders?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Correct me if I'm wrong but.......It's illegal to record audio...also illegal to record video UNLESS they are signs warning you that your are being videotaped

Depends on the state as to has to know. And being at work they don't have to tell you that you are being recorded. You should have no expectations of privacy at work

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How about when there is a bank robbery, and the video quality is so bad you can't make out the faces?

Cementups

Box Monkey
How about when there is a bank robbery, and the video quality is so bad you can't make out the faces?

That's not actually the fact. Most cameras, especially in banks, are completely hi-def. But when they give them to the media, the media makes them look like old 8mm films and makes it so people are barely recognizable. In reality the recording they are given is as clear as watching your flat screen tv at night. I have friends who work for needs stations who have told me about it.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
That's not actually the fact. Most cameras, especially in banks, are completely hi-def. But when they give them to the media, the media makes them look like old 8mm films and makes it so people are barely recognizable. In reality the recording they are given is as clear as watching your flat screen tv at night. I have friends who work for needs stations who have told me about it.
Why?

Johney

So they can see you, but they can't hear you? Or are they listening into conversations as well?
They have lip readers. I was actually thinking of not posting my comment...then I read the following and felt comfortable.

Saw one surveillance video. It looked like Gumby touching himself.

Wants to whip it out?

Is Greengrenades the Gumby version of Jersey Shore ugly chicks?

Not you personally, but the term in general.

BananaCat

Is that what you tell the guy standing at the urinal next to you?
upload_2016-4-12_16-26-10.gif

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When i worked inside an LP guy showed me a pile of new hidden cameras he had just received. They were tiny and had like 2 foot wires hanging off them. Not sure if they were wireless or built in dvr and not sure how they deployed them.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We just had a 25 year driver fired for stealing a phone. LP thought the preloader was taking them so a camera was set up. The driver also activated the phone, and after she was caught she claimed she bought it at a flea market. She had the option of quitting or being walked out of the building in handcuffs. The cell phone company pressed charges and she was arrested at her house.

Indecisi0n

As a former steward, familiar with LP. They do have cameras that are no bigger than a matchbox. Able to place them anywhere and not be noticed, such as on a conveyer near the front of a trailer. Then they are able to observe the person pulling the packages as well as the loader. Also can place on lights in sort aisles to watch sorters. They can pretty much cover every part of the buildings except dressing areas and restrooms due to restrictions. So just remember, Big Brother can always be watching.
I have a few in the restrooms at my building.

10 point

Videos are legal except in restrooms and locker rooms, etc (voyeurism?) but recording two or more person's audio conversations without their knowledge is totally illegal in some states.

There are pencil thin cameras often placed into the belt lighting to watch preloaders.

There was a story in the news about a camera being placed at the top of a pkg car inside the cargo area that somehow the sim card was removed allegedly by the driver.

Be honest and don't worry about cameras.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Videos are legal except in restrooms and locker rooms, etc (voyeurism?) but recording two or more person's audio conversations without their knowledge is totally illegal in some states.

There are pencil thin cameras often placed into the belt lighting to watch preloaders.

There was a story in the news about a camera being placed at the top of a pkg car inside the cargo area that somehow the sim card was removed allegedly by the driver.

Be honest and don't worry about cameras.

Funny you should mention, I just read article about that

http://www.livetrucking.com/ups-dri...amera-he-discovered-while-urinating-in-truck/

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
This must be something in bigger centers. Here, if I'm the last one back on an air run, I could streak across the entire shop butt naked and no one would ever know about it.