Just made RPCD

21Savage

Be careful with that “this is my route” talk in the building or you’ll get bumped onto the worst route in the center faster than you can say Yo MTV Raps
Appreciate that. Nobody's gonna bump me off it though or it would have happened already. Route is a heavy industrial business route with heavy pickups, left vacant by a driver who had it for 8 years, transferred centers and nobody bid on it. We had 3 rpcd's bid cover over taking the route.

But hey, if someone wants it, good luck to them. I'll be fine going back to cover.

But for now I'll enjoy this 5 day work week with one guaranteed time and half day every week.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
In my center the only way out of 22.4 is to bid out of it. Either as a utility driver or your own route, I have a route
224 Mafia never has to explain themselves.

tenor.gif

Hang out every day ( if possible) near the office, someone will eventually ask if you want to do their route for the day or heck just ask around-lol ( as long as the Sup says it’s ok), you should be good to go... it’s not always possible, but if you wanna work...
I tried that when they started this BS after peak. They said no since higher 22.4s who were also called off didn’t come in.

Hot Carl

Did you already officially graduate? Or are you doing it tomorrow?
Today was my first scheduled Monday. I worked plenty of Mondays in the past, be it at peak or when I was at the bottom of the Saturday heap and was forced in.

They're probably going to dangle a lot of Tueaday layoffs in front of me going forward since that's our lightest day and they'll want to preserve my hours for Saturday. But we also have at least a dozen drivers who are out on injury, FMLA, and even termination (pending grievance) right now. Throw in vacations and, yeah. There's plenty to go around for everyone.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
We can’t get our 40 hours since there is no day sort on Friday.

After researching this last contract and seeing all the loopholes with the 22.4, I wonder how many briefcases of money was handed out.

They owe you 8 hours of pay if you show up on Friday regardless of if you’re a 22.4. Do people try to hold them to that or does everybody just say “oh well” and go home after preload?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In the end, I was only a 22.4 for about 10 months and never worked a day inside.

Hellooooo 9.5.
If these drivers are just that, drivers, why the two tier system Teamster leadership? Were you once again played by company?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Appreciate that. Nobody's gonna bump me off it though or it would have happened already. Route is a heavy industrial business route with heavy pickups, left vacant by a driver who had it for 8 years, transferred centers and nobody bid on it. We had 3 rpcd's bid cover over taking the route.

But hey, if someone wants it, good luck to them. I'll be fine going back to cover.

But for now I'll enjoy this 5 day work week with one guaranteed time and half day every week.
Hey man, enjoy the gravy train while it lasts. I ran my training route 2-3 times a week for months after I passed cause guy didn’t like to work. It’s nice for a cover to run the same route for a while, but you also gotta have balls and go learn some stuff. When you go out blind; those are the days you really learn how to drive.

35years

Gravy route
Hang out every day ( if possible) near the office, someone will eventually ask if you want to do their route for the day or heck just ask around-lol ( as long as the Sup says it’s ok), you should be good to go... it’s not always possible, but if you wanna work...
Put a sign over your head....

"i WILL DO YOUR ROUTE"

They owe you 8 hours of pay if you show up on Friday regardless of if you’re a 22.4. Do people try to hold them to that or does everybody just say “oh well” and go home after preload?
So the routine is they call the 22.4s in the morning to say they don’t have a route for us. They tell us to call and get the start times for twilight sort (no day sort) and remind us to watch how late we work so it doesn’t interfere with driving Saturday. Twilight starts at 1600 and night typically starts around 2315 with a gap between shifts.

None of the 22.4s that get called off have come in to press the issue because we don’t want to mess with Saturday when we all get a route.

35years

Gravy route
So the routine is they call the 22.4s in the morning to say they don’t have a route for us. They tell us to call and get the start times for twilight sort (no day sort) and remind us to watch how late we work so it doesn’t interfere with driving Saturday. Twilight starts at 1600 and night typically starts around 2315 with a gap between shifts.

None of the 22.4s that get called off have come in to press the issue because we don’t want to mess with Saturday when we all get a route.
1 1/2 hours between shifts max. So you would take your lunch then. If it interferes with Saturday punch in that's thier problem. Tell them to find you work that works out. You are gaurenteed your hours as a 22.4.

Not how my center views it. But no language in the contract means no rights or protections for the 22.4 mafia. Glad to hear some guys getting out and joining the RPCD ranks. Gives me hope some day I too will get to get a denied 8 hour day or come in early for a 9.5 grievance hearing.

21Savage

Hey man, enjoy the gravy train while it lasts. I ran my training route 2-3 times a week for months after I passed cause guy didn’t like to work. It’s nice for a cover to run the same route for a while, but you also gotta have balls and go learn some stuff. When you go out blind; those are the days you really learn how to drive.

I cover butt loads of routes. I'm not on it because I'm a one trick pony. I'm on it because it's a big dog route they didn't expect to be vacant by the driver bidding out of center and they needed someone they can trust to handle it every day. Which is why management offered to pay me time and half every monday and give me Saturday's off regardless of how many hours I had available. Don't see any other 22.4's doing that. But yes, I will appreciate it while it lasts. Not taking it for granted. Hoping I'm rpcd by next bid and still nobody wants it again. That would be best case scenario for me.

But like I said, I'm fine going back to cover and playing the waiting game if need be.

35years

Gravy route

1 1/2 hours between shifts max. So you would take your lunch then. If it interferes with Saturday punch in that's thier problem. Tell them to find you work that works outYou are gaurenteed your hours as a 22.4.
Not how my center views it. But no language in the contract means no rights or protections for the 22.4 mafia. Glad to hear some guys getting out and joining the RPCD ranks. Gives me hope some day I too will get to get a denied 8 hour day or come in early for a 9.5 grievance hearing.
No language????
Better read up.
Doesn't matter how your center views it; the language is clear.

Now are you going to man up and demand your hours? Or whine about the lack of language that in reality exists?

All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) consecutive hours of straight time per day, if reporting as scheduled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a five (5) consecutive day schedule…