Just started seasonally, feel like I'm on too difficult a route. Suggestions?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dude I've worked for ups for 9.5 years now i started driving last year. I have learned 4 routes now and I still haven't took a lunch. But $30 a hour I don't cry about not taking lunch. You have no idea how bad it could be. 3 days lol please try 149 days of driving no lunch. Good luck man

You need to start taking at least a 30 minute break during the day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This would work at 2 of my pickups. Can't even get them to stop using the hand written book.

I don't call any of the pickups on my city run; however, when I had my country run, which had a grand total of 4 pickups, I would call 2 of them as they rarely, if ever, shipped anything.

All new pickups have to have a computer with Internet access.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I don't call any of the pickups on my city run; however, when I had my country run, which had a grand total of 4 pickups, I would call 2 of them as they rarely, if ever, shipped anything.

All new pickups have to have a computer with Internet access.
I really don't have to chase for my pickups but having them cancel would allow me to keep delivering instead of breaking off.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Dude I've worked for ups for 9.5 years now i started driving last year. I have learned 4 routes now and I still haven't took a lunch. But $30 a hour I don't cry about not taking lunch. You have no idea how bad it could be. 3 days lol please try 149 days of driving no lunch. Good luck man
Perhaps it depends on your supplement. But If you just started driving last year...how do you make $30/hour?

rod

Retired 22 years

THAT would be the LAST thing someone should brag about.

GenericUsername

I used to work for a grocery chain. We had a district manager that everyone always made fun of for always being on lunch. He would really take 2 or 3 hour lunches daily, however, he would also work 10-14 hour days and deserved it as he was one of the top ranked DMs in the company. He came in one day when we were getting completely blown apart due to it being near the first of the month (I worked in a low-income/high EBT store) and made us all stop and go to lunch with him. His reasoning was, "There's always time for lunch." Since then I have never missed a meal/break. The work will always be there. Take care of yourself.

Re-Raise

I used to work for a grocery chain. We had a district manager that everyone always made fun of for always being on lunch. He would really take 2 or 3 hour lunches daily, however, he would also work 10-14 hour days and deserved it as he was one of the top ranked DMs in the company. He came in one day when we were getting completely blown apart due to it being near the first of the month (I worked in a low-income/high EBT store) and made us all stop and go to lunch with him. His reasoning was, "There's always time for lunch." Since then I have never missed a meal/break. The work will always be there. Take care of yourself.
2 or 3 hour lunches daily?? How fat was this dude?

jaker

trolling
For me lunch is based on the time I finish, I have a certain cut off time and if I get done before I will go in but if I go over I take lunch

I would like to take lunch at lunch time , but eating with my family means a lot more to me

I love the fact that every night I eat with my family